Passing when planning conditional moves

Hello,

it’s not possible to plan to pass in the Conditional Move Planner, is it? I think this would be a nice extension.

Best regards
Uwe

19 Likes

Indeed… that feature was always intended, just got kinda buried. Bumping it up on the priority list :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hello, is this possible yet? If it is, I can’t figure out how. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Bumping again. I was about to create a new topic for this missing feature and was handily alerted to the existence of this post.

@anoek how’s that priority list looking? :wink:

5 Likes

I hope there are many things ahead of this minor feature!

3 Likes

Any word on this?

I’ve noticed you can now pass in analyse mode… I’m hoping that’s a sign that you either can now or soon will be able to pass in conditional moves

1 Like

I also found that this feature would be helpful.

1 Like

Mh… I had also thought this would be a good feature, as I often use conditional moves.

BUT, upon further thinking, it might be very confusing for the opponent if it’s their turn right again (which would look as if it was STILL their move), EXCEPT if there was some notification like “your opponent has passed”.

7 Likes

I was going to start a topic asking how to pass as a conditional move (or set a conditional response in case my opponent passes) but “your topic is similar to” pointed me here, so I would like to say that I support this idea.

Of course, the game page, games list and notifications should clearly indicate the pass.`

4 Likes

Thought I’d give this another bump. : >

5 Likes

Could even be extended to that big next button for scoring?

2 Likes

Would this feature also include conditional dead stones acceptance? That would be nice to have after a pass.

2 Likes

I also like this idea!
We’re getting close to the decade mark on the original ask. What’s the progress?

1 Like

Hi @anoek, what can you tell us from the development side about this feature?
Is it something that is difficult to do? Where is it on the priority list?

I read the old post and did found it is work now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait, we’re able the pass in conditional now?
How? I don’t see an option for it.

1 Like

Just do it like this :crazy_face:

Jokes aside, the necessary changes are all on the frontend (open source) so potentially any one could implement this feature! The backend already seems to support passes in conditional moves - you just have to pass the value ".." instead of a regular move.

Unfortunately, the code is a little complicated: the move logic is split across two repositories online-go/goban and online-go/online-go.com. However the actual implementation may not need to touch goban.

The main hurdles are UI design (how should the user enter "pass"?) and coding the front end (anybody could do this, and I can try my best to give code pointers). Any takers?

9 Likes

Button in between Accept Conditional moves^ and Cancel?

^ someone needs to either capitalise that M or uncapitalise that C by the way

5 Likes

100%

1000% :star_struck:

1 Like