Pictures From Home

I’ve had a terrible week, so I decided to go for a walk today to try and clear my head a bit. The weather is quite beautiful today, and it did help to lift my mood if only marginally.

18 Likes

Those are ship piers? O_o That is so cool! :slight_smile:
Is it a lake or the sea that is frozen?

3 Likes

ship piers

I think the words jetty and pontoon are more usual when the point of the structure is to access boats.

4 Likes

Yep, docks at the Montrose Harbor here in Chicago. About a 10 minute walk from my apartment. :slight_smile:

It’s Lake Michigan. Most of the ice has melted by now, but the harbor still has a bit.

10 Likes

We have recently relocated and now have a small commute to work. I enjoy weekends off mostly but my partner works on Sunday so I ferry her for her commute. I’ve started stopping about halfway on my way home at an exit off of the interstate to take some quick photos. This week I sort of got ‘lucky’ as some ranched bison were near the fence line… Anyways, I think last weeks shots at dawn were slightly better, as far as the golden hour timing, but these are from today:

I included wide and zoom for perspectives sake. This is facing south southwest.

When I turned I noticed the bison across the interstate. I drove across the exit bridge onto the service highway and I felt good taking some wider shots from the roadside, as I don’t have much of a zoom on my lens… Facing north northeast.

16 Likes

Pictures taken from my flat’s balconies, viewing northwest and east.

11 Likes

docks?

3 Likes

Looks to me like it could be Wyoming, no?

2 Likes

Looking closely at something in my garden :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Spring thaw (taken a week ago)

15 Likes

So, I took the wrong turn when going to work yesterday, but since I was 30 minutes early and this song was playing on my speakers, I said to myself “screw it, I’ll go from the longer, picturesque, way” :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

I apologize for never really answering. I’m standing a few miles south of the WY border in CO in those pictures, which is why I was kind of surprised to see the buffalo roaming around there.

Here’s a shot from today, a few miles further down the road, just as the moon was trying to set…

Here’s the other side, again:

15 Likes

I am back to Weishan, a small town where I’m trying to relocate now.

The old center still has a lot of local life. There are a bunch of small factories integrated in the town keeping some old traditions. All in all this kind of place getting rare.

The pictures of the parc are taken from the small house where players of xiangqi, birds owners and… weiqi players meet.

23 Likes

Thanks for sharing your travels with us!

Especially as a lot of us still aren’t even starting to get out of lockdown, it’s nice that we can live vicariously through your photos and imagine we’re all on the OGS China Tour :D

7 Likes

Well I still have a few constraints especially with transportation but yes it seems to be a bit more safe and relax here. Hope everyone get more freedom soon. thanks

4 Likes

Main Street, USA

16 Likes

This Geoguesser is too easy, @yebellz :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This count as social commentary as well, no?

6 Likes

Blue sea and sky, what about that half sunk boat?

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s half sunk or if just the half of it floating with nothing underneath.

2 Likes