Pictures From Home

The hills look like human made, like if all this was an extension on the sea.

1 Like

@yebellz The cherry blossoms… the trees out here are just beginning to pop their buds…

I am unaware of the context but I do sense the derelict state of @Gia’s photo. At first glance I guess I thought it were some sort of pontoon or deck boat but upon a closer look I’d have to agree and say it is probably defunct or half sunk. Note the separated piles of rocks and sands and rubbles. I just recognized the smaller darker pile, middle left, as a pile of stumps.

1 Like

They are redeveloping the area, it’s where some 2004 Olympics buildings were for sailing sports and stuff.
Right next to it is this Χάρτης | SNFCC (top of the map and to the right is the marina and right next to the marina the canal and the half-boat above) a frequent spot for a sunny day.

They are basically redeveloping the whole coast, tram lines and the whole package (Ανάπλαση Φαληρικού Όρμου | Όμιλος ΗΡΑΚΛΗΣ, τσιμέντο, σκυρόδεμα και αδρανή, probably google translate works).

6 Likes

Regrowth

9 Likes

That looks a lot like a place you’d get bears.

Bears, perhaps…

4 Likes

Let me say first that my home is more outside as I’m still searching it and live in a guesthouse.

Weishan. May 1, workers day. Main square.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Since I got some other stuff out of my phone, here are some views from the last days, from places around here which I had to visit

The plain sunny plains:

Some hillside picturesque village (personally I prefer the look of the old unrestored building, than the restored one)

The view behind the unrestored building (which also makes a good geolocation challenge I’d guess):

And on the way to the hill of the water-tank ( this is how we actually call the whole neighbourhood :upside_down_face: )

13 Likes

Looks nice!

Meanwhile, May 1 in Europe:

9 Likes

nah we were preoccupied with food preparations

3 Likes

Won’t believe me but I miss Europe sometimes.

8 Likes

11 Likes

Tie dyeing factory nearby

13 Likes

So cool! :smile:

2 Likes

So il am back again in Weishan on a very special day.
Let’s see what was sold at the market this morning

11 Likes

So what are they preparing?

Tonight is the torches festival

19 Likes

At night festival starts. Main activity is playing with fire. This festival is forbidden now in many old cities but still alive here.

The night just starting…

17 Likes

Posting a reply so @Groin doesn’t get locked by the three consecutive reply limit, because I want to see more of these adventures! :slight_smile:

But damn these photos make me miss China.

11 Likes

Thank you. I’ll post more next opportunity but my remaining pics are not that good.

9 Likes