Playing Go IRL pictures

Makes sense :slight_smile: enjoy

I have my first go set on order… but it’s just a cheapie to start with haha

3 Likes

I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.lrstudios.android.gameclock

It has all Japanese and Canadian byoyomi, Fischer and also Hourglass. It has configurable sound alerts and all. Really cool.

7 Likes

I really like this app, thanks! A timeout lets you hear a glorious Chinese gong sound.

“ADD 1 MIN.” option at timeout actually adds one byoyomi period in Japanese byoyomi, but this is even preferable.

ps. I almost took my new goban with me to the bed when it arrived :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Go Timer Pro is the best Android app I could find WITH voice countdown in both Chinese and English. Still looking for a Japanese or Korean timer though.

Only Byoyomi time setting, but most of the Go playing world uses it unless you’re part of the special exception.

4 Likes

beautiful scenery , i want to play there too
more close than Japan

2 Likes

Ellie Cup ???

1 Like

next year , i will be there too

1 Like

i want to go back to Japan

1 Like

Koba , the cutest kitten playing balls

1 Like

Please ignore the made up position on the board, I was getting ready to explain counting territory to my kids. My cat thinks the position is even.

17 Likes

Playing 3 color go with the children! Bad picture quality because phone is bad :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Thank you. Somehow, I’ve never heard of 3-color go. Often at our go group IRL, there are only three of us. Now I can suggest this instead of us playing 9x9 in rotation, or having one person sit out and kibitz a 19x19 game. Of course, we’ll need to get a third color of stones.

6 Likes

Just a short off-topic note:

What we do in our IRL Go group when we’re only three, is that we all play two games simultaneously: we sit in a triangle and everyone play the two other ones. Sometimes a bit confusing, like “OH NO, how many black Yunzi stones did I put in the bowl with the slate stones?”, but otherwise we have fun with that.

8 Likes

Me too. But I often play poorly because I don’t want the other guy to wait too long so I rush. Or I don’t rush and neglect the other guy.

Play Chinese rules if you mix up stones. You are using Yunzi (chinese stones) after all.

2 Likes

Play Chinese rules in one game, Japanese in the other, and New Zealand in the other. That should help avoid confusion :grinning:

2 Likes

A couple pics from a tournament my son and I played in this weekend in Raleigh NC. Great weather for an outdoor event.

14 Likes

First go board just purchased today. I guess I am invested in this hobby now.

16 Likes

Sorry I did not answered (since I did not came back on the forum :x )
It was not for Ellie cup, the first one was for a little lecture Inseong (https://www.yunguseng.com/) wanted to try on us about AlphaGo new josekis and the second was for a casual rendez-vous the monday at Grenoble =)

2 Likes

Amsterdam, last night.

17 Likes

She’s giving me 5 handi and doesn’t even care!

18 Likes