Playing Go IRL pictures

Yes. I love all of them.

Makes me want a board of my own…and, people in my area who actually know how to play.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

One from my study space. Oftentimes, the board generates a lot more interest in the game than telling people about it. It’s been easier to get people to look into things since I had the board.

17 Likes

Pictures from the European Youth Go Championship 2015 in the Netherlands - These are kids from Poland (2 girls and 1 boy - all 12y.o. but two of them had to play in the older group)

7 Likes

Enjoying the perfect weather on the deck for mother’s day.

12 Likes

13x13 fight by 10 and 9yo, they spent 5 minutes of playing and 30 minutes kibitzing it :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Saturday study session :sunny:

12 Likes

@calantir and @cloudbrows playing in the 2nd round of the MD open tourney. This was cal’s only loss that day.

Update (day 2): calantir’s only loss in the tourney!

12 Likes

I have quite a few photos on boardgamegeek, so crossposting (they are all CC-Share etc) (But I am limited to one image per post)

7 Likes

I’ve organized a tournament in Go and AtariGo in a Primary School in Złotoria (this is the 3rd edition). There were 30 children from 2 schools. It was on May 15th. Great times!

Pictures belong to Wojtek Sz. - my friend and co-organizer

8 Likes

Okay, so this is not a playing Go picture, but my car is very Real Life :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Finished game with @calantir. 1.5 point loss. T_T

So close, yet so far… xD

10 Likes

I want this sticker :slight_smile: How can I get it?

BTW - I have posted pics from the tournament I organized in May:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1141495379199865.1073741832.157730240909722&type=1

3 Likes

@ZyBeX86, here: Car Magnets and Bumper Stickers : Phantom's Go Shop

1 Like

@calantir playing simultaneous games with me and @seigler. xD

11 Likes

Took quite some time to find, this is me playing with my friend in the hospital while waiting for his firstborn :smiley:

14 Likes

Late evening rengo. @calantir and @cloudbrows as white; @Kuroneko and me as black.

13 Likes

Pretty special to get to play go like this. Just a reminder that this only happened because @trohde posted about GoKibitz on this very forum early this year. Connections are great!

8 Likes

Hope the picture turns out ok - first time attempting to upload a photo to the forums…
This was taken at a Flagstaff Go Club meeting in Arizona, USA. The club is on hiatus at the moment. I miss playing over the board. I started the club in my town for this very reason, but after a while I was the only person going.

9 Likes

WOT? I didn’t realise that :slight_smile: thanks for letting me know :heart:

Yes, indeed :slight_smile:

Greetz, Tom

4 Likes

It’s a little crowded, but it is a study space all the same.

8 Likes