Playing Go IRL pictures

Professor X takes pointers from @ysc1234 in South Florida, United States

10 Likes

According to the Secret History of the Mongols, the Pilgrims played Go with the Natives.

Happy Thanksgiving.

8 Likes

When playing on OGS, especially live tournament games, I like to play the game on the board :slight_smile: This is a borrowed set from our club (which is actually under my care)

Also we had two tournaments - one in Toruń and one in Bydgoszcz. Pictures will be aviable soon but you can check our Facebook pages:

Bydgoszcz: https://www.facebook.com/Bydgoski-Klub-Go-Jako-Tako-457699774342596/?fref=ts

Toruń AKAI RYUU: https://www.facebook.com/Akai-Ryuu-Toruński-Klub-Go-157730240909722/?fref=ts

6 Likes

What kind of stones are those?

1 Like

Looks like yunzi-style stones, all turned upside down. :slight_smile: If you follow the second facebook link, there is another photo with the same stones… and some REAL stones as well.

2 Likes

@calantir and @xhu98 playing a late night game after picking xhu98 up from the airport.

…It was over quickly. :smile:

13 Likes

@xhu98 SMASH!

4 Likes

Should I call calantir reckless to play xhu without handi stones? Very nice looking Goban!

7 Likes

They played again last night and @xhu98 actually had to stop and think a few times. Lol.

@calantir is a fast learner and xhu98 is an excellent teacher , so TAKING ALL BETS as to whether cal can break through to 1 dan by the end of this visit. :wink:

edit Also, thanks! Re: goban, it’s bamboo. We got it to go with the bamboo bowls (and yunzi stones) calantir won at the last MD Open (go tourney).

5 Likes

Ugh. I guess that means I need to study more.

/me shakes fist at sky

3 Likes

/me looks to @xhu98 for a teaching game or two… :wink:

3 Likes

BTW, what rank the dog is? :dog:

4 Likes

Don’t know his rank, but he always finds a spot on the bed that gives him influence in all four directions.

9 Likes

He doesn’t look like he thinks he can learn something by watching mere amateurs playing… must be pretty strong :wink:

5 Likes

@xhu98 playing post-brunch simul games with @calantir and @cloudbrows at our little go get-together. Anyone else spending holiday break time on some extra playing?

9 Likes

My old homemade board (just varnished plywood and a hinge!) - it was hard to get a goban in Ireland back then, and I was a poor student. :o)

19 Likes

Played a teaching game with a friend of mine from college a couple days ago. It was great to play Go in person for the first time since Congress. :smiley:

7 Likes

@calantir and @xhu98 and me playing ZenGo. Somehow, black won overwhelmingly. (o_O)?

7 Likes

To clarify: I did not touch that bottle of beer in the photo. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

@calantir (b) on his way to shodan vs. @xhu98 (w), photo creds @tinuviel

rip dragon

12 Likes