Playing Go IRL pictures

Can’t wait to kill @calantir’s dragon on that board :open_mouth:

5 Likes

That looks great! My only concern would be the stones getting knocked onto the floor and making a mess…

1 Like

We’ve been thinking about that. The bowls are up there as a trial run. They’re surprisingly stable because of the furry fabric in which the box is covered; they don’t easily slide. Might get them their own shelf if this doesn’t work out.

I would say they’re out of the kids’ reach, but the 6yo is innovative…

9 Likes

is the board itself hanging on the wall or is it inside a shelf? How do you take it out? Looks like a pretty tight fit if it’s 2 separate cases.

2 Likes

Pre-upholstery shots:

13 Likes

Three people at our »Go-Abend« today … @mkei (across the table) kicked our respective asses (10k & ~25k), as so often.

To the left my new shin-kaya board and S&S stones & bowls which all I got used a week ago (“used” meaning they had been played once, about ten years ago).

(bad photo b/c taken with an old iPad 2)

10 Likes

Go party at the noodle house. With @calantir and @Fairgo.

12 Likes

Where’s Waldo?!

No, wait…uh, I mean, MD Open tourney (day 2) happening today! :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I couldn’t find Waldo, but I think I see @xhu98.

3 Likes

Post-MD Open rengo. @calantir and @xhu98 (white) vs @Fairgo and me (black). B+Nuclear Tesuji, courtesy of xhu98.

16 Likes

20.05.2016 in Osielsko, Poland. There were almost 60 kids playing Ponnuki-Go and Go on 13x13. This is the last time we have so many pupils in one tournament. Starting next school year we plan on doing a school team tournament with smaller tournaments at schools. The photos are at the school page of one of the participants (mostly 13x13go players)

https://spmlyniec.edupage.org/album/?#gallery/242

10 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

And this is the bigger tournament at the end of the year near the city hall :
150 children from all Grenoble districts aged from 7 to 11 except two schools of youngers aged between 4 and 7 and older from 11 to 15.

all pictures of the event here (u may see InSeong !) : https://goo.gl/photos/a34dBGPbkbKhaKnu6

11 Likes

Let’s Go back !!!

19 Likes

Mumbai boardgamers first Go meetup
They started on a 5x5 board and graduated to a 9x9 board
Unfortunately none of them ever came back

I should be meeting two other local players who I found through OGS tomorrow

13 Likes

This weekend, 2 people more are inspired to playing Go (in Geramny).

me, rolling a cigarette and thinking harder, because one of them was pretty good for a beginner :smiley: <

12 Likes

Me vs harrypotter192

13 Likes

We really, really, really need this here, too:

From OGS at the US Go Congress, thanks to @thouis!

16 Likes

Haven’t posted a game in a while. Playing on the lawn on a beautiful late summer day. @calantir (w) won by 10.5 points. I like the lighting in this one.

21 Likes

16 Likes