Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut to return-to-game from analysis (when in Zen mode)?

Am I the only one amused by signs like this?..

10 Likes

Because probably our national ISP agency thing is probably stretching again, I can’t find anything for Chan Yuan Gong.

Anyone have any good sources? It could be a video (but actually Chan Yuan Gong, not just in the title and random Qigong in it) or even better some actual articles.

I even tried the Chinese characters, no luck.

In 2010 in France, president Sarkozy passed a law forbidding masks in public places. Politically, this was mostly meant as a law against the niqab, but in the words of the law, it simply said that people weren’t allowed to wear something intended to hide their face. Signs reminding the interdiction were posted in many public places, including hospitals.

In march 2020, they added signs explaining that masks were now mandatory inside hospitals.

I didn’t take a picture, but I very vividly remember seeing the two signs posted right next to eachother. I think the person who posted the second sign had a sense of humour and intentionally posted them very close to eachother.

9 Likes

Question: is there a way to create an unlisted group/tournament? In other words, doesn’t show up at /groups or /tournaments?

Edit: lol gotta fix those open graph fields

Yes, Gia created a correspondence tournament for rengo players on ogf, which is not listed on the tournaments page. See here, 1st Ogf Rengo 19x19 Tournament 🌐, and here, Rengo tournament

1 Like

Isn’t it already possible to create a private group with private tournaments?

2 Likes

You’re right it’s possible to create private groups and invite only/members only tournaments, but I think they still show up in the lists and search. I was wondering if there’s an option to make them “unlisted”. Now that I’ve messed around a little more it seems there’s no way to do that.

Btw, this tournament made me lol: Play Go at online-go.com! | OGS

EDIT: Schroedinger’s Policy Violating Tournament. As soon as you let forumites see it, it may or may not dissappear :yum: for those who missed it, it was using OGS to advertise some questionable links to watch the batman movie.

2 Likes

When did this button get added? I’ve been wanting this since i started using ladders :sweat_smile: so glad it’s finally there!

5 Likes
6 Likes

That ladder name seems kind of redundant.

However, I guess that implies the existence of the sacrilegious “9x9 Lovers 13x13” and “9x9 Lovers 19x19” ladders…

5 Likes

Yes, I went ahead and deleted that tournament since no one had signed up and the entire thing seemed to have been created purely for spamming shady links for streaming a movie.

In general, please report users that post such spam, and we’ll take it down.

5 Likes

Hmmmm… There’s some shady character on the 13x13 one :thinking:

7 Likes

You rang?

9 Likes

The shadiness multiplies :scream:

5 Likes

I’m considering joining the 9x9 lovers group just to join the 19x19 ladder. I don’t like 9x9

5 Likes

You can also consider joining the 19x19 ladder of the 9x9 group.

What is the biggest heresy?
  • A 19x19 ladder in a group for 9x9 players
  • A short correspondence tournament in a “long correspondence” group.

0 voters

2 Likes

Sounds like a fun topic to argue about.

Both on the goban and in real life I’m an emotional and irrational idiot. However I believe I am still more logical on the goban.

How do the skills translate?

Semi-serious question

Is there a policy or goal about dead groups? There are over 10,000 groups, most of them I assume are dead or zombies… just with ladders that some of us use to schedule correspondence games

Note that this group, Stoneswalkers, went private (so no new people can join) and updated their description to say they are no longer operated. Of course, their ladders are still active for the few of us left. That seems to be the best approach, but few people would find it to follow as an example. Hence the question about policy (but perhaps called a “Best Practice”

Since incremental hard drive space cost is cheap to non-existent, there is no burden to keep them. And obviously dead/zombies groups with tournaments should be preserved

1 Like

There’s no official policy yet, but I once proposed the ability to adopt a “headless” group. It never went anywhere, but I still think it would be a nice feature.

1 Like