Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Try making a sandwich with each permutation :slight_smile:

Or @Gia actually has a reason, so maybe go with that if you don’t have the time for so much testing.

4 Likes

If the bread is hard and the time between making it and consumption is small, then I’d suggest mayo first, to avoid spillage and two layers not exactly “fitting” or sliding off one another.
However, if the bread is softer OR the time is significant (some hours) then the mayo will turn the bread into a soggy mess and it will probably ruin it. So,I’d go lettuce first.

I assume we are talking about case 2, so I’d say:
Bread - Lettuce - mayo (to keep it between two non-soggable componnents) - turkey - tomato (also sogs) - ham - cheese - bread.

Bit of a monster sandwitch there, by the way. Yummy :slight_smile:
Personally I’d skip mayo altogether because it might cause the other layers to slide in such a large sandwitch.

Good luck and have lunch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s definitely a fair point, and others have also thought about it - that’s why there is this great browser addon that replaces “billionaire” with “oligarch”. :grin:

3 Likes

If you are going to be hiking in any sort of warm weather, I would omit the mayo. which can go bad quickly. You might substitute mustard. In my summer hiking, I usually took peanuts and raisins for lunch; in winter the kind of sandwich you described would be okay, or peanut butter and banana, which is very filling.

4 Likes

Would anyone else be interested in mail notifications per game?

I’ve set my mail notifications when it’s my turn in corr to off, because I visit at least once daily anyway.

But I also enjoy absolute time games and for those specifically I’d like to know immediately when it’s my turn, for obvious reasons.

It’s not important enough to bring up in development I guess, but anyone else would find this useful?

1 Like

Is the game ID in the email text anywhere? Perhaps you can try creating an email filter that sends all to trash except when it see that game ID?

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t, I check OGS way more than I do my mail.

4 Likes

It’s not exactly the same thing but notifications from the (Android) app work well.

2 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that there’s no leaderboards in the menu anymore?

4 Likes

Some context on that: Fix or Remove OGS Tournament Leaderboards

3 Likes

I saw this image in this thread:

This does look like a Go meets Chess sort of thing. I really like the idea.
So, the question is, has anyone tried the idea to forego Chess board colours and fill up the board like that with chess pieces?

e.g. 4 rows of pawns intermingled with horses, one rows of the classic setup but with two extra knights instead of King and Queen and, finally the “standard” row?

Screenshot_1

Seem like a chess themed alien invaders game to be honest :smiley:

1 Like

I lay them out like that so I can look at it all together at once and see how they fit with each other. I am planning to make a little book to go with it that will have lots of ideas for variations to play with them, or other creative uses. For example when you play a chess piece you can move it one time, or when you use the dice, roll them for an extra turn. Anything to increase the chaos and confusion and make us think…

2 Likes

(I forgot to make this public, now the system won’t let me edit. If a Mod can take the trouble…)

• a) I prefer books over movies/TV series.
  • b) Movies/TV series can’t grasp the book essence.
  • c) Books get a second life as movies/TV series.
  • d) I like both, depends on the end result.

0 voters

I’m not sure myself.

2 Likes

The poll doesn’t seem to allow two selections. I love movies, but prefer books. However, in some cases, a movie has been better than the book in my opinion. For example, I think the 1937 movie of Captains Courageous is better than the book, despite its cloying framing story. We also have numerous superb adaptations, even though I generally prefer the book: the 1985 A Room with a View, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, many of the Masterpiece Theater adaptations of Jane Austen (esp. the 1981 Pride and Prejudice) and of Charles Dickens (esp. Our Mutual Friend and Martin Chuzzlewit), and the incomparable I, Claudius.

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing this.

1 Like

Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut to return-to-game from analysis (when in Zen mode)?

Am I the only one amused by signs like this?..

10 Likes

Because probably our national ISP agency thing is probably stretching again, I can’t find anything for Chan Yuan Gong.

Anyone have any good sources? It could be a video (but actually Chan Yuan Gong, not just in the title and random Qigong in it) or even better some actual articles.

I even tried the Chinese characters, no luck.

In 2010 in France, president Sarkozy passed a law forbidding masks in public places. Politically, this was mostly meant as a law against the niqab, but in the words of the law, it simply said that people weren’t allowed to wear something intended to hide their face. Signs reminding the interdiction were posted in many public places, including hospitals.

In march 2020, they added signs explaining that masks were now mandatory inside hospitals.

I didn’t take a picture, but I very vividly remember seeing the two signs posted right next to eachother. I think the person who posted the second sign had a sense of humour and intentionally posted them very close to eachother.

9 Likes

Question: is there a way to create an unlisted group/tournament? In other words, doesn’t show up at /groups or /tournaments?

Edit: lol gotta fix those open graph fields