Rengo is now available

6 Likes

I’m happy to have been able to get into this one - I needed a Christmas Programming Project, this came at the right time. I’m also really appreciative of anoek’s invitation and assistance to let me do it “the right way”.

FYI there is a “Rengo Only” checkbox on the “Games page”, under “filters”, so you can see what Rengo is being played if you’re interested.

13 Likes

2022 = 1 AR (Anno Rengo)
2021 = 1 BR (Before Rengo)

Or maybe RE for “Rengo Era” and BRE for “Before Rengo Era”?

9 Likes

I find it surprising how you stepped over the “year 0” debate that usually pops up.

6 Likes

This was a massive leap of faith - thanks for taking it! Of course, we were both risking something, because you might have just disappeared, or disputed delivery, or anoek may simply have delayed or even declined deployment. “But nothing ventured nothing gained” eh :smiley:

It’s been deliberate to have full community visibility of all of this the whole time, to help with these various risks.

The escrow idea helped a lot with the leaps of faith as well - fingers crossed it works at the back end of things now :wink:

(And thanks again for pressing “Accept” on the Escrow transaction!! )

14 Likes

Seems perfectly natural for Go players that count directly from 1 kyu to 1 dan.

10 Likes

Touché.

5 Likes

Thanks @GreenAsJade !!! Awesome work!

7 Likes

Awesome! I was waiting for Rengo long time! :smiley:
Thank you for making this :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

What great news! :smiley:
I hope Ill be able to play the occasional game. Thanks a lot to everyone involved!

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rengo status

Great addition, thanks a lot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rengo status

I miss the feature to glare disapprovingly at your teammate when they don’t play what you want.

Great work though! XO

16 Likes

Bridge players be like “unsolicited communication between partners”. :smiley:

7 Likes

The solution is to only allow emojis in chat during games :rage:

14 Likes

Finally! Thanks @anoek and @GreenAsJade !!

6 Likes

TBH the thought occurred to me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Great job! I especially like that it’s not limited to 2 players per team.

8 Likes

I can’t wait until the internet internets on these very open ended observations and attempts to pin down exactly how many “any number of players” can be on one or both teams…

101 vs 103?
1 vs 1000?
69 vs 420?

…who knows :smiley:

5 Likes