Review for a 19x19 between two TPKs

Would someone be interested in reviewing this simple game?

The borders aren’t really well defined is the first thing I’ll (and other people will) say. The upper left corner is still a small bit open, but whites right side territory is really open.

I might not have the proper chance to do a review this evening. I could possibly tomorrow, maybe someone else will beat me to it though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, why did the weaker player give the stronger player a handicap of 3?

2 Likes

I have no idea, didn’t pay attention at all at challenge details. Please don’t tell my mom.

3 Likes

I could maybe do a review this evening (UTC +1), if you don’t mind that I’m only about 12 or 13k and this would be my first review.

2 Likes

12k is more than high enough to review TPK games! (My rule of thumb is a difference greater than 4 stones)

2 Likes

I find your rank very appropriate to review me :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, cool. :slight_smile:

I’m starting the review now, but probably won’t be able to complete it tonight - my son refuses to sleep, which makes it somewhat difficult. :wink::expressionless:

2 Likes

Nightmares of werewolves?

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

Just a review tip, you can write comments in the comment box under the move tree and it stays attached to move.

It also highlights the move in the move tree blue so you can see which moves have comments.

You can see lots of examples for instance in this series of lectures Becoming 9 Kyu - A Series for Beginners, mark5000 does full lectures using the comments in the tree for his thoughts, and uses the chat for discussion with whoever’s watching.
Here’s a direct link to the first lecture/review board to give you an (a visual) idea
https://online-go.com/review/54051

It looks like a good review so far :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Or even better, the OP can post it at gokibitz, where it’s much easier to have a conversation about each position, and other reviewers will pop in as well!

(I wish OGS had gokibitz-like review capability - something for the list!)

It might be worth noting that you can at least click here to get to the move that the commenter is talking about:

What we can’t do is have a sensible conversation about that position with all the commentry on that position in one place, which is where gokibitz shines.

2 Likes

Unknown word alert.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I realized the difference between comments and chat a little too late. -.- But hey, it’s my first review.
Btw, how can I make better use of the drawing tool? I tried to use it, and then later realized that it wasn’t saved.

3 Likes

@Eugene I said don’t tell my mom, and you want me to shout it from the rooftops. :roll_eyes:

I don’t think I expected you could just click the move number above the comment. It doesn’t look clickable.

That’s actually really cool

2 Likes
3 Likes

@Gia

I’m done with the review. :slight_smile:

Here’s your “homework” :wink: - the most important things I noticed:

1. Don’t touch your opponent’s stones right away, when you approach them in the opening.
  2. Avoid empty triangles. A diagonal connection is safe.
  3. Before you pass, take a second look to see if there are any open borders.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

It’s my duty to try my best to improve, when kind strangers take the time to help me.