Review Request: 25k game. 9x9

If I may ask someone to review this game, I would appreciate it, and I thank you in advance. My only note is that I feel my move at D6 was the fatal blow. My opponent, I feel, also felt that was the fatal blow and punished me for it. It was a fun match. I am playing white:

again, thank you in advance

1 Like

I think D6 was definitely one of the blunders in this game, but even before that I like E8 more than E9. E9 leaves aji (potential for danger) which your opponent took advantage of in this game. I generally prefer to connect on the second line before descending to the first. Of course there are exceptions, but it’s a good rule of thumb. When in doubt, connect. Good luck in your future games! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I left some comments in the game chat with many variations. Hope it helps :wink:.

If you are looking for some ideas on how to think about your moves and things to consider when playing go, I recently started two teaching games. I give plenty of examples and advice. If you are interested you can find them here:

Left Some Comments
theorist (25k) vs. aurok (25k) (finished)

Full Reviews
Mulsiphix vs dviener (24k) (finished)
PMEve (22k) vs pouta (22k) (finished)
Mulsiphix vs Gia (?) (finished)
Mulsiphix vs Harold the Wood (19K) (ongoing)

I have written a large article for newcomers that talks about getting better at Go and lists a lot of resources. I’m trying to cut down on how often I post the entire thing, so I will just link to it.

And finally, if you ever find yourself feeling poorly about your skill at Go, because of your rank, please read this post. Because your rank shouldn’t matter :wink:.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your time