Rhombitrihexagonal Go

1 Like

1, 4

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

19, noon

Can’t generate the picture now, but I play 2,8.

Rather ironic to end the game with a 4-4.

Pass

4 Likes
Count for the current board position

If the game ends now, then we get the following count:

Splitting the board along one of its midlines, the top-right area is White except for three Black stones, and the bottom-left area is Black except for five White stones. So White has 4 more points of area than Black.

8 Likes

Agreed. Thank you for the game.

I vastly underestimated the cut at 5,noon and you made me pay that mistake dearly.

5 Likes

Thanks for the game!

Yes, I was quite happy with finding that cut. I tried to use similar tactics for normal Go, things like having one more liberty than the opponent to win a capturing race. It doesn’t completely translate, but by approximation it seems to work.

2 Likes

Would it be possible/easy to edit your multicolour-go tool, not for Rhombitrihexagonal go specifically, but to read a graph from a config file and use this graph as the board?

The config file would contain all the info needed:

• a list of intersection names
  • a list of edges
  • a map intersection name → (x, y) coordinates for the graphic representation

This way, anyone could fork your github and provide their own config file.

1 Like

I’m working on that, as you can see in some posts above, but I only have time on weekends (and didn’t “have time” last weekend, or to be more honest, I spent the majority of the weekend playing Age of Empires).

Displaying the graph is basically done, and I have made some steps towards placing stones as well. I hope to be able to store the config inside the URL parameters as well, to make sharing easier.

8 Likes

I would also like to try this game.

1 Like

This variant is now playable on www.govariants.com !

Here’s the necessary steps:

On the landing page, select badukWithAbstractBoard and click Create Game.

temp1

You will be navigated to the game page. Send the URL to a friend you want to play with. Both of you need to click Remember me and take a seat. Then just start playing! (Don’t be startled if an error pops up when you try to play a move when its not your turn)

Currently changing the game parameters has no effect, but in future you will be able to customize komi, board size etc. in the game config on the landing page.

11 Likes

What’s abstract about rhombitrihexagons? :smiley: This is awesome, thank you!!

6 Likes