Robots in Terrihill: OGS Forums Werewolf Game 3

Robots in Terrihill: OGS Forums Werewolf Game 3

Sorry everyone if my story is too long. I was enjoying making it, and then it just got really long. It is more important to know the rules, but if you want to know why this has happened in Terrihill, and why you guys care about killing the robots, read on.

The town of Terrihill had many legends and myths about how it had come to be called Terrihill. Some say it was due to ancient experiments done in the town, while others thought it was because a terrifying ghost haunted the town. The inhabitants though, would say otherwise. The whole town knew each other. None of them had ever seen a ghost. They didn’t even know where someone could make experiments, even ancient ones. They had heard stories about how their ancestors had come to this town when nothing was there, built it up from the ground, brick by brick. As far as they were concerned, nothing bad had ever happened there, that is until one day. It was an ordinary day, kids went to school, adults went to work, everything seemed to be going smoothly. Everyone loved the weekly town meetings on Fridays when they went to the town hall to just talk and have fun(the meetings for bettering the community were the third Wednesday of every month), and it was a Friday so everyone was excited for the meeting. Suddenly, halfway through the meeting, a ghost appeared. It looked like a human, but it seemed mostly robot. No one recognized it, except for Haze, who had a grim expression on his face. “Th the robots… fr from the experiments…Th they came back?” he stuttered. No one knew what he was talking about, but before they could ask him, suddenly the lights went out. There was a bright flash, and then a scream. When the lights came on, Haze was there, in his seat, dead. Dead from a laser.

The people in the room together quickly decided to go to Haze’s house. In all the times that people had gone, none of them were ever allowed in the basement. No one knew why that was. They went to his house, and looked in the basement. Everyone was shocked to see what looked like a laboratory in his basement. Then someone said, “Look at the desk!”. Right on top of the desk were two items. A notebook labelled “Human Robot Experiments and Results” which appeared to be in Haze’s handwriting, and a piece of paper right next to it with a note in someone else’s handwriting, “We will come back to kill you, and everyone else in the town. -Your Robot Guinea Pigs”.

Suddenly the town came to a judgement. The robots are here and they want their revenge.

The only problem was, they didn’t know a thing about the robots. Luckily for them, they had a notebook from the lab, and luckily for them, it had some answers.

The robots seem just like humans and act similar too. The robots kept the hearts from their old selves(when they were human), and it is located in the same place too. It is kept in some fluid substance that Haze had written as stedic, but no one knew what it actually was. It was also kept behind a thin panel so it wasn’t out in the open. It said this one weak spot was designed just in case the robots rebelled. They would only die if that heart stopped beating. Also, the robots had a limited energy that could be stored in their bodies due to the fact that if they had too much energy, their hearts would stop beating. They had to charge it every night, and sometimes sooner if they used any special abilities they were given. Then someone’s kid asked, “What are the special abilities that they have?” It was a valid question, and an important one at that, but it seemed like it should of been the ripped out page right next to where it stated how abilities took extra energy so they were only able to use 1 ability per day or they would collapse on the spot(they would also collapse if they didn’t charge overnight.). Another bad thing was that there were no names or photos, only rough sketches of the robots, so they couldn’t decide who was who that way.

No one spoke, until someone mentioned what they already knew, “The only way to survive is to kill all of the robots. We may see some people die, and we may have to kill others, but if we sit idly by and do nothing, only the robots will survive this. We need to do something.”

Kill the robots in Terrihill, or be killed by them. Which side will win? No one knows, until the end…

Town Rules(they are important and everyone should know them)

Roles:

Note: these do not change, you are assigned a role for the entire game. If someone with one of these roles dies, no one else will receive that role. Everyone will know what role each person had when they die because the town decided to inspect each dead person’s house to see if they have any more information about the robots.

Note 2: Since I will be sending the role PMs after I post this, there will be a slight delay from when I post this and when I send those out. Sorry for the inconvenience but I don’t know how to send multiple posts/PMs at once. Please do not quote these PMs that I send, although you can share the information on them.

Robots - The enemies. The goal of the game is to kill them(unless you are a robot. If you are a robot, you win when everyone else is dead. They get to use their laser once per night to kill a human because for some reason, a reaction will occur and stop both of their hearts if they both use an ability and come within a 1 mi radius of each other before a charge. They both go out to kill together, but only one actually does the killing. They are too focused on killing the rest of the townspeople, so they will try and kill someone every night, even if they failed the night before. They know who each other are.

Robot Detective - One of the enemies will get to choose someone to find out that person’s role(except if they are cloaked, see below). The robot detective may inspect the same person multiple nights in a row. They set up a security cameras hidden in someone’s house overnight and, they can see what they have been up to that night.

Detective - One of the non-enemies(normal humans) will get to choose someone to find out that person’s role(except if they are cloaked). The detective may inspect the same person multiple nights in a row. They set up a security cameras hidden in someone’s house overnight and, they can see what they have been up to that night.

Cloaker - One of the non-enemies will get to choose someone to hide their role for one night. The cloaker will give a replacement role for this person(the detectives will see the replacement role if they inspect said person). This affects all detectives. The cloaker may cloak someone as the same role that they actually are(the cloaker wouldn’t know this), but the cloaker may not cloak someone twice in a row. The cloaker may cloak themself. The cloaker uses a special sensor to detect the cameras put in the person’s house that they are visiting. If there are no cameras, he just leaves, and if there are cameras, he will put a video of the person in the house doing an action for a role in front of the camera. He takes special care to stay out of the frame of any cameras set. The cloaker is not required to do this every night.

Protector - One of the non-enemies will get to choose someone to protect for one night. The protector will get to choose one person to protect overnight from the robots. The protector may protect themself. Each night they will set up an electrical trap which messes up the robot’s senses of direction and people. This forces one robot to have to use an ability on both of them to get out of the trap. They then no longer are able to kill, and will go back home without a kill that night. The protector may not protect someone two nights in a row to prevent their identity from being seen by those unwanted robots.

Assaulter - One of the non-enemies will get this role. They have the option to kill someone each night with their really powerful gun. If they do kill someone though, they will die regardless of the person they kill’s role because this gun will also recoil and kill you. The assaulter is not required to perform this action during the game, instead it is just a choice. This action still goes through even if the robots plan to kill you.

Townspeople - Everyone, robot and human. Not everyone receives a special role, but everyone is a townsperson who lives in the town of Terrihill(in addition to your other role).

Voting

During each day, there will be an open poll that is set to close when the day phase ends(this means your vote is public to all). Before that, you may change you vote though the poll as much as you want. Voting for no one is an option. In the event of a tie, if everyone has voted for 2 people and it is a tie, both will die, unless it is the final 2 and then nothing will happen. If it is not a tie, whoever has more votes will die. If it is a tie between 3 or more people, or votes have been spread among more than just the 2 people in the tie, no one will be killed because the town was too divided on who to kill.

Day and Night Phases

During the Day phase(48hrs/2d):
Feel free to use this thread to have a discussion with your fellow citizens of Terrihill, and do not talk about this game using other threads or PMs unless you have a rules question(or something similar). You have this time to decide who to vote for, and tell everyone what you think about what you guys should do, and the situation. Each person may talk as much or as little as they want during this period.

During the Night phase(24hrs/1d):
Please do not use this thread to have any sort of discussion. If you are feeling restless overnight, feel free to do something in your own house, but please do not leave your Terrihill house to stage a discussion with your fellow townspeople. To use an ability, you will PM me if you have this option and want to, although please do not spam me with PMs if you do not have an ability. I will mention whether or not you have an ability in your role PMs.

Note: the first day is going to be slightly longer than the rest of the other days so that we can start the game earlier. It will start at 2020-05-07T20:45:00Z and end at 2020-05-10T16:00:00Z.

Players in the game:

@Gia
@Vsotvep
@yebellz
@HHG
@KAOSkonfused
@RubyMineshaft
@dachen11

If you are not participating in this game, please do not comment in this thread until the game is over, so we do not have outside influencers.

Edit: If you are not participating, please do not vote or like any posts in this thread either(although it is fine if it has already happenned).

Game Starts 2020-05-07T20:45:00Z

3 Likes

First Day Voting

• Gia
  • Vstovep
  • yebellz
  • HHG
  • KAOSkonfused
  • RubyMineshaft
  • dachen11
  • No One

0 voters

3 Likes

Ugh, everything was going fine, our meeting was going fine, it was such a lovely Friday.
And now those horrifying robots.
Can I just taze everyone and see who smells like silicon burning?
I want to punch someone for ruining my chill.

3 Likes

Many of you gathered here should recognize me, but in case you’ve been under a rock I’ll introduce myself. My name is Matt, and I am the proprietor of the ruby mining operation just outside of town.

I always said there was something off about that Haze guy, didn’t I? Human to robot experiments though? Disgusting. Let’s flush out his little abominations quickly and get back to work. I will not have a witch hunt cutting into my profits.

5 Likes

And here I thought I was the crazy scientist, I never knew Haze had such marvellous bio-engineering skills! Absolutely radical, I have to get my hands on one of these specimen… Very ingenious these notes… Ahh… I see… So he put the flux capacitor in parallel with the quantum inhibitor… mumble mumble … but that can’t be, the differential exomagnetic field can’t be… mumble mumble …surely never had such large a flagellum before the experiment showed that it … mumble mumble

EU-RE-KA!

I’ve got it!

It is remarkably elementary, without doubt, to develop a test for discovering the robots!

You see, it’s easy… No, it’s simple even! These robots remain functional even without a head! Their crania lack cerebra! We only have to decapitate our test subject, and inspect the severed head. If it does not contain grey matter, we can reject our null hypothesis!

Any volunteers?

4 Likes

Who would volunteer to prove they are not a robot, if it means they won’t be here afterwards to party it out?
Crazy scientists, man, they lack common sense.

4 Likes

Ah yes… hum… Aptly put… Obviously I had already noticed that critical flaw in my evidently genius plan, I only posed this sketch to uh… test you, of course!

You passed!

Very good.

5 Likes

What horror! Yet another deadly scourge plagues our quaint forum town, but I have no fear nor doubt that we will overcome these terrible threat!

However, firstly, should we call them robots or androids? I’m sure that some of us would greatly protest to shortening the name to simply bots, so let’s leave that out of the question.

Now, back to the perilous matter at hand. I think our best option would be to not kill anyone on the first day. I think it is unlikely for the robots to reveal themselves, so we would at best be guessing (and the robots would vote strategically to protect themselves). As we proceed, we should carefully analyze the voting and positions of everyone to determine if they reveal anything, and hopefully we might eventually get some useful information from the detective. Besides keeping any special abilities we might have secret (until it is strategically opportune to reveal information), we should play the game honestly and leave it to the robots to implicate themselves through their duplicity and manipulations.

3 Likes

I agree. We must hold together in this dire situation. With so little information, we will probably kill an innocent and further dwindle our numbers. After the first day, though someone dies, we gain valuable knowledge - we gain knowledge of two innocents (detective and person detective examines). It is possible that the cloaker will cloak the person the detective examines, but that only occurs with a 1/6 chance. Again, there is only a 1/5 chance that the detective is killed. Though the enemy detective also gains information, I believe that peace is better.

My math

1/5 chance: There are five innocents to choose from (seven townspeople minus two robots).
1/6 chance: Anybody but themselves.

2 Likes

It’s like a test for finding out witches! (Salem Witch trials, I read this somewhere). You drown the person. If they die, they are not a witch. If they survive, you must kill them, because they are a witch.

2 Likes

I’m still in shock. It’s hard to understand how our peaceful, quiet life could turn into such a horrible nightmare!

I hope we will find these awful killer robots soon, so we can get back to our normal lives…

What HHG said sounds very reasonable to me. Let’s wait and hope that our detective will find out something useful for us during the night.

2 Likes

Reference to your GP’s on the group Sup People?

A very cryptic message, indeed, and addressed to the dead as well, I suppose…

1 Like

I think @yebellz is correct, I see no merit in executing one of us prematurely.

2 Likes

It’s seem that a non-player @李建澔2 has cast a vote in our poll. Everyone please be sure to any votes that might be cast by non-participants.

@dachen11, are you awake yet? Please be sure to check in on the game.

2 Likes

It’s suspiciously quiet here. :thinking:

Even though we apparently agree that we can’t identify one of the robots today, I think we should make use of the time we have and discuss a plan.

My suggestion: Let’s decide together who we find suspicious and should be checked in the night by the detective, so if that person turns out to be a robot, we’ll learn about it tomorrow and can act accordingly. Of course, the cloaker must not cloak that person at the same time.

The downside is, if that person that’s checked by our detective is not a robot, the robot detective can also check them tonight and find out their role.
But I think it’s worth a try.

What are your opinions?

3 Likes

I agree. I’m worried we haven’t heard from everyone yet…

2 Likes

The night is near and we haven’t heard from our friend @dachen11 yet…

Also, people didn’t talk as much today as they usually would - does this robot crisis somehow make us all tired?

Anyway, I’d like to go forward with my suggestion, even though I didn’t get much feedback.
@yebellz seemed a bit off to me today, unlike his usual pedantic self. I would have expected him to go on for hours about the robots and how to find them, so I find his changed behavior very suspicious. My apologies if this is only caused by the general tiredness, but
dear detective, whoever you might be, could you please check on yebellz this night and find out if he is a robot?

2 Likes

Perhaps some people are quiet because it is mother’s day, or maybe some are feeling a bit depressed about the real world situation.

I don’t have any good ideas about who might be a robot at this point. I’ve offered my advice about how we should proceed already, but we need to gather more information. Right now, we can only grasp at straws, but perhaps those that are ready to deflect suspicion onto others have an ulterior motive?

I’m not so sure about how we should best play the cloaker. There’s a benefit in preventing the robot detective from discover our special roles, but there is also the risk of blocking our own detective, which may do us more harm than the potential good of blocking the robot detective. Keep in mind that the robots can see our discussion of cloaker/detective strategy as well, so any planning we do openly can benefit the robots as well.

3 Likes

Pretty late to start a discussion, but you have some good points.

As it is literally just minutes before the day ends, I guess we will have to leave these decisions for now to our special roles.

However, I’m still convinced that there should be an open plan who the detective should check, to prevent the cloaker from cloaking that same person. If this is successful tonight, it would give us humans a clear lead.

2 Likes