The First Go Battle Royale ⚔

Also, is this now the 4th time @hjt is missing the deadline of 72 hours in a row?

It would really be great if you could show up a bit more frequently than once every week…

2 Likes

I think an unwritten, but universal, rule to any forums game is that any rule may be changed, amended, adopted, or introduced given unanimous consent of all of the remaining players involved.

I believe @hjt mentioned above about accepting a replacement for their position. I’m fine with that, and also fine with waiting.

What do others think?

@NeilAgg has offered to take over. I’m okay with that.

2 Likes

Yeah me too. @Vsotvep is right lol. Y’all deserve someone who will keep up the pace!

I’ve enjoyed my time. @NeilAgg has my full permission to take over for the Green Federation.

Much love.

5 Likes

@hjt Thank you for the vote of confidence, much love back :+1:

The New New Green Federation plays at B8.

Here is the url:
https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=achaehafhaghahhaifakfalcamcancbbhbchbdhbfhbghbhfbifbkfblfbmcbodcahcchcehcfhcghchhcifcjacjiclfcmfcndcoddbhddhdehdfhdghdhhdifdlfdnfeahebhechedheehefhegdehfeifekfemaemgenffahfbdfcdfddfedffdfgdfhffiffjffkfflffmffnffofghaghigidgjfgkdglfgmfgncgofhcdhddhedhhahhihidhjdhkdhlfhmahmghnchocibdidcifdigdihdiidijeikdildincjacjbcjccjecjfdjgejhejidjjejkejlajlijmajmijodkackbckcckdckeckfekgekhekiekjekkakkgknaknikoelbcleclfclgelhelieljellelmalmgloembcmccmdcmfcmgemiemkemlemmemnamngnfcngcnhenienmennenoeogcohe&bs=15

I am out of town doing this on my phone, so it is hard for me to post an image, someone please do that for me, thank you!

Edit by antonTobi:

4 Likes

I’m playing O13

Off to @sokoslav

3 Likes

I just realised something what may be disturbing @Vsotvep , but I would not share it either. Future is uncertain and time will show.

2 Likes

I have since noticed a second disturbing thing that I should not share…

What a disturbing endgame :grimacing:

2 Likes

Everybody noticing disturbing things but not sharing makes me so curious! Probably I should count, but I’m lazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Actually there are a lot of things to worry about :slight_smile: The end is coming!

1 Like

So, uh, are you going to play a move as well?

Certainly, but there is a couple of things I should consider first. I will make my turn in nearest 8 hours.

3 Likes

N1

https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=achaehafhaghahhaifakfalcamcancbbhbchbdhbfhbghbhfbifbkfblfbmcbodcahcchcehcfhcghchhcifcjacjiclfcmfcndcoddbhddhdehdfhdghdhhdifdlfdnfeahebhechedheehefhegdehfeifekfemaemgenffahfbdfcdfddfedffdfgdfhffiffjffkfflffmffnffofghaghigidgjfgkdglfgmfgncgofhcdhddhedhhahhihidhjdhkdhlfhmahmghnchocibdidcifdigdihdiidijeikdildincjacjbcjccjecjfdjgejhejidjjejkejlajlijmajmijodkackbckcckdckeckfekgekhekiekjekkakkgknaknikoelbcleclfclgelhelieljellelmalmgloembcmccmdcmfcmgemiemkemlemmemnamngmoenccnfcngcnhenienmennenoeogcohe&bs=15

2 Likes

I play D1.

2 Likes

Is it alright with you, @martin3141, if I take another point at G15?

The northern alliance has brought us a long way. What is our plan on how this game is going to continue?

1 Like

Here’s how I see the game continue. There are only a couple of places that have impact on the current distribution of territory. If we assume that Green plays E1, and that G8 becomes green as well, then Green has 39 points to fill in their area without capturing H3 or throwing a stone outside of their area (both of the latter options would quite immediately remove Green from the game) until they need to fill in one of the two eyes required to live.

Sky has the option to play all empty intersections on the 15th row, after which they total to a similar 39 stones until one of the two eyes needs to be filled.

Yellow can reach 39 by taking H8 and both of J13 and J11, but conceding the 15th row to Sky.

For Red I count 43 points before filling eyes, assuming J11 and J13 go to Yellew, and for Azure I count 46.

Now, the problem is that if we look at the order of moves, then the 40th stone of Sky is placed before the 40th stone by Green, so unfortunately it seems Green will outlast Sky, assuming E1 and G8 both go to Green (and I see no way to prevent the latter).

Hence it’s a bit unfortunate that Sky played B9 only after Green had pretty much managed to block Red off with A5.

But! There’s a solution to make sure all Northern alliance members end up in the top 4, by utilising a beneficial seki. If G14 is left empty, then both Yellow and Sky can fill one extra eye before necessarily dying. This will mean that necessarily Green ends up dying before Sky. Naturally, leaving J15 open is a risk, mainly for Sky, but if the time is there for that risk to be taken, the removal of Green’s stones will open up roads of expansion for all of the Northern alliance to beat the Azure nation.

Finally, if Green ends up dying without filling the two eyes, e.g. by playing a stone outside of their area, then Sky and Yellow will have no direction of expansion, and then it follows that Sky will die first, due to move order. So, there is no real risk to Yellow to leave the 15th row entirely to Sky, as far as I could see.

For Azure, the best scenario is when Green dies without being completely captured, since then Azure will likely outlast both Sky and Red, since yellow has most benefit from Sky being removed. Of course, Sky may die in such a way to also leave an uncapturable group behind, which would still be comfortable for Azure, since then Azure simply has the most intersections to claim.

In any case, I believe the three intersections on the 15th row should go to Sky, with the purpose of outlasting Green. Depending on the way Green kicks the bucket the game can progress in several very different ways.

3 Likes

Hmm, maybe I’m making a mistake counting…

It seems that either the 39th stone puts Yellow in atari, or the 40th stone puts Sky in atari…

2 Likes

This is awesome. The international observatory is watching with great interest as the game unfolds.

5 Likes

Does this strategy work if either Sky (@yebellz) or Yellow plays one stone into Reds territory?

2 Likes

Or Green… :grin:

1 Like