The First Go Battle Royale ⚔

Welcome to the Thunderdome!

We have these Magnificent Seven entering the 15x15 arena, and playing in this order

1. orange @shinuito
  2. cerulean @yebellz
  3. pink @Auri, replaced by @NeilAgg
  4. green @Civilian, replaced by @hjt, replaced by @NeilAgg
  5. red @Vsotvep
  6. blue @Samraku, replaced by @sokoslav
  7. yellow @martin3141

A few key rules

1. All game discussion must happen publicly and only within this thread.
  2. Kibitzers are welcome and may openly comment here as well.
  3. Every move must be a board play (no passing) within 72 hours of the previous.
  4. Capturing eliminates the player.
  5. Last person standing wins.
Full game rules

Core Rules

1. There are 7 players, each with a unique color.
  2. Players take turns playing in the order specified above.
  3. On each turn, a player must play a stone on an empty point or resign (passing is not allowed).
  4. After playing a stone, first remove any opposing chains without liberties, before checking/removing for suicidal moves.
  5. A player is eliminated as soon as one of their stones is captured, or if they choose to resign.
  6. When a player is eliminated, the rest of their stones remain on the board until captured.
  7. The goal is to be the last player remaining, or outlast as many other players as possible.
  8. Each turn has a 72 hour time limit, and timing out eliminates that player.
  9. The other players should give reminders at around the 24 and 48 hour marks.

Communication and Collusion

1. Collusion and coordination between players is allowed.
  2. Promises and deals can be made, but are not enforced by the rules.
  3. All communication involving the game must be done in public view on the forum thread for the game.
  4. Kibitzers are welcome and may openly comment on the game in the game thread.

Other Comments

1. There is no ko rule, as it is not necessary, since any cycling is prevented by players being eliminated through capturing.
  2. Since passing is not allowed, one might eventually be compelled to fill in one’s own territory, giving the player with more territory (minus group tax effects) the decisive advantage.
  3. Suicidal (self-capture) moves are allowed, but results in the player being eliminated. A player might choose to do so, rather than just resigning, if they wish to leave the board in a more preferable state. In some situations, where being the next to be eliminated is inevitable, a player might choose to play a suicidal move that impacts the remaining players. The possible threat to do so might even give that player leverage to avoid that situation in the first place.

See also: Go Battle Royale: Multi-Color Capture Go

First turn to @shinuito

Deadline: 2022-01-28T03:50:00Z

Empty Board: https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?bs=15

6 Likes

2 Likes

Good luck and have fun, everyone!

3 Likes

Have a nice game everyone!

3 Likes

Have a nice game!

And since I can’t resist, I play Tengen H8!

This isn’t the best move possible, nor is it the strongest. “His testing me”

6 Likes

@yebellz next

Something like 2022-01-28T09:50:00Z is about 72 hours from now? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the thunderstone?

2 Likes

Now, it’s @Auri’s turn, deadline: 2022-01-28T12:09:00Z

1 Like

I’ll play M3 :slight_smile:
good luck and have fun everyone!

3 Likes

Updating the board for @Auri’s move above:

@Civilian’s turn, due by 2022-01-28T14:41:00Z

2 Likes

C4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Updated board and it’s @Vsotvep’s turn

N13

2 Likes

@Samraku’s turn.

I guess that now things become interesting with a stone in each corner, and one on tengen…

The crazy thing about this variant is that four players could collude to the eliminate one of the single stones on the board.

4 Likes

I suggest a non-aggression pact enforced like this: The first player to attach a stone to someone elses stone should be eliminated. Anybody agrees?

3 Likes

It is not my turn yet, but I anticipate that I will have the choice between three side areas to start with. Are there any players who would welcome me as a neighbour? I’m offering my cooperation for hospitality.

5 Likes

Sure!

3 Likes

@Vsotvep that is agreeable to me; I pledge to go after the first person who attaches to another’s stone without prior agreement.

@Civilian @Auri, the bottom side corners seem well situated to accommodate two, would either of you be interested in teaming up? Or a triple alliance in the south? Alternatively, I’d also be open to a three way alliance in the northeast with @Vsotvep and @martin3141, though that might leave the remaining players with too much room to work with, or working alongside @shinuito to prove that center sides corner is the real meta.

3 Likes

Northern hospitality welcomes you, @martin3141. You’re free to place a stake on the northern side. I think we’ll need to form a northern alliance in order to counter the scheming by the south. How about Northern Board Treaty Organization (NBTO)?

5 Likes

Now where have I heard that before? :smiley:

I’d be up for a North vs South battle.

3 Likes