The First Go Battle Royale ⚔

Just in time before I go to bed. I play P11, removing an imaginary foe at P10 that never was visible to any of the other players.

Over to @sokoslav

5 Likes

M2 capturing race continues!

over to @martin3141

https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=abhachaehafhaghahhaifakfalcamcancbbhbchbdhbfhbghbhfbifbkfblfbmcbodcahcbhcchcdhcehcfhcghchhcifcjacjiclfcmfcndcoddbhddhdehdfhdghdhhdifdlfdmfdnfdodeahebhechedheehefhegdehfeifekfelfenfeoffahfbdfcdfddfedffdfgdfhffiffjffkfflffmffnffofghaghigidgjfgkdglfgmfgncgofhcdhddhedhhahhihidhjdhkdhlfhmahmghnchocibdicdidciedifdigdihdiidijeikdildincjacjbcjccjdcjecjfdjgejhejidjjejkejlajlijmajmijodkackbckcckdckeckfekgekhekiekjekleknaknikoelbcleclfclgelhelieljelkellelmalmglneloembcmccmdcmfcmgemiemkemlemmemoenccnecnfcngcnhenienmennenoeoecogcohe&bs=15

2 Likes

G10:

battle_royale_go_28

Back to Sky (@yebellz)

1 Like

B15

https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=abhachaehafhaghahhaifakfalcamcancbahbbhbchbdhbfhbghbhfbifbkfblfbmcbodcahcbhcchcdhcehcfhcghchhcifcjacjiclfcmfcndcoddbhddhdehdfhdghdhhdifdlfdmfdnfdodeahebhechedheehefhegdehfeifekfelfenfeoffahfbdfcdfddfedffdfgdfhffiffjffkfflffmffnffofgfdghaghigidgjfgkdglfgmfgncgofhcdhddhedhhahhihidhjdhkdhlfhmahmghnchocibdicdidciedifdigdihdiidijeikdildincjacjbcjccjdcjecjfdjgejhejidjjejkejlajlijmajmijodkackbckcckdckeckfekgekhekiekjekleknaknikoelbcleclfclgelhelieljelkellelmalmglneloembcmccmdcmfcmgemiemkemlemmemoenccnecnfcngcnhenienmennenoeoecogcohe&bs=15

1 Like

The New New Green Federation plays B6:

Next is @Vsotvep

3 Likes

P12

2 Likes

L3
https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=abhachaehafhaghahhaifakfalcamcancbahbbhbchbdhbfhbghbhfbifbjfbkfblfbmcbodcahcbhcchcdhcehcfhcghchhcifcjacjiclfcmfcndcoddbhddhdehdfhdghdhhdifdlfdmfdnfdodeahebhechedheehefhegdehfeifekfelfenfeoffahfbdfcdfddfedffdfgdfhffiffjffkfflffmffnffofgfdghaghigidgjfgkdglfgmfgncgofhcdhddhedhhahhihidhjdhkdhlfhmahmghnchocibdicdidciedifdigdihdiidijeikdildincjacjbcjccjdcjecjfdjgejhejidjjejkejlajlijmajmijodkackbckcckdckeckfekgekhekiekjeklekmeknaknikoelbcleclfclgelhelieljelkellelneloembcmccmdcmfcmgemiemkemlemmemoenccnecnfcngcnhenienmennenoeodcoecogcohe&bs=15

2 Likes

H14:

battle_royale_go_29

Next move: Sky (@yebellz)

1 Like

D15

https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=abhachaehafhaghahhaifakfalcamcancbahbbhbchbdhbfhbghbhfbifbjfbkfblfbmcbodcahcbhcchcdhcehcfhcghchhcifcjacjiclfcmfcndcoddahdbhddhdehdfhdghdhhdifdlfdmfdnfdodeahebhechedheehefhegdehfeifekfelfenfeoffahfbdfcdfddfedffdfgdfhffiffjffkfflffmffnffofgfdghaghigidgjfgkdglfgmfgncgofhbdhcdhddhedhhahhihidhjdhkdhlfhmahmghnchocibdicdidciedifdigdihdiidijeikdildincjacjbcjccjdcjecjfdjgejhejidjjejkejlajlijmajmijodkackbckcckdckeckfekgekhekiekjeklekmeknaknikoelbcleclfclgelhelieljelkellelneloembcmccmdcmfcmgemiemkemlemmemoenccnecnfcngcnhenienmennenoeodcoecogcohe&bs=15

2 Likes

I was thinking, Yellow only needs one eye in the main group, and keep the G8/H8 stones in atari to remain uncapturable. This allows Green one less move and means that in 25 rounds we can be at a position like this at the start of Green’s turn:

2 Likes

The big question mark is what happens afterwards.

2 Likes

Yup…

1 Like

Perhaps it makes sense if Azure (@sokoslav) and I make sure Green cannot throw a stone in where it has two or three liberties, since that would allow Green to survive an extra turn and allow Sky to be defeated. Obviously, this doesn’t benefit Azure or me…

On the other hand, it doesn’t particularly harm Azure nor me either, now that I think of it…

2 Likes

The New New Green Federation is up against the wall and are soon going to fall to the devious forces of the Northern Alliance.
Since our kingdom is doomed anyway, we move our armies to K2:

This should hopefully cause some chaos for the armies of the Northern Alliance.

Viva El Verde!

Next is @Vsotvep

6 Likes

Interesting move!

Now, I have four choices, it seems.

• I could play in my top right area. This seems unwise, as Blue can capture K1 to eliminate Yellow with J1 and Green follows up with J3 to capture me.
  • I could play J3, capturing H3 and K3 / K4, but to what purpose? I don’t gain any more certainty for my stones at the bottom, the Green stone is no longer in atari and Blue can still eliminate yellow, after which I’m the most likely next candidate.
  • I could play J1, capturing Yellow, but in this case I’d once again see Blue and Green playing K1 and J3 afterwards to eliminate my stones.
  • I could play L2, which would eliminate Green. If Blue (@sokoslav) recaptures my stone, that allows Yellow to recapture Blue (more or less forced, since K1 would be in atari) and Sky to recapture Yellow, because there is little reason not to end the game at that point. So, Blue would end 3rd place, while Blue has no real incentive to do so, since waiting until either Yellow or Sky runs out of space would allow Blue to take 2nd or even 1st place instead.

So, the best option, for me, at this moment, seems to be to play L2, trusting that Blue will not throw away their possibility to end up 2nd or 1st by capturing me.

4 Likes

So I play L2.

Thank you for playing @NeilAgg, @hjt and @Civilian

5 Likes

Dear Yellow (@martin3141),

I was just in a Kingmaker position where I could have chosen to eliminate you or Green, and in both cases I would take the risk of being eliminated immediately afterwards. I chose to eliminate Green and thereby protect you.

I believe you may likely be in an unfortunate position to become kingmaker between Sky and me, having the possibility to kill me immediately, or to wait until Sky runs out of territory.

I won’t beg for my life, but I would like to remind you of our peaceful and cooperative coexistence at the bottom of the board.

2 Likes

Thank you for playing Green (@Civilian, @hjt, @NeilAgg)

The remaining players are:

1. blue @sokoslav
  2. yellow @martin3141
  3. cerulean @yebellz
  4. red @Vsotvep
6 Likes

Thank you for playing @NeilAgg (and also @Civilian, @hjt ) !

2 Likes

Thank you all for allowing me to play (twice!) with you. I like this variant and hope we continue to play it.

To the Sky Kingdom @yebellz:
You will likely have an opportunity to take 3rd place instead of 4th place. Maximizing your position is the objective of the game. I can’t believe your alliance members would fault you for doing that.

2 Likes