The First Go Battle Royale ⚔

Interesting. The rules in the first post appear to agree:

As opposed of the rules for the second game, in the first post of Another go battle royale, which only mention the last standing player, not the positions of the other players:

3 Likes

I will not play K2, given the current situation.

My aim will be stay loyal towards securing the best outcome for NBTO.

1 Like

Does it mean that game turns into cooperative strategy: united forces of @yebellz @martin3141 @Vsotvep try to place @sokoslav as low as they can?

In this case I agree to one of the following outcomes:
@martin3141
@sokoslav
@yebellz
@Vsotvep

or

@martin3141
@sokoslav
@Vsotvep
@yebellz

because if all the players agree to one of this results than there is no way I can prevent it.

I mean: after last moves I am guaranteed to be at least second, and if other players wish to - then I would be second.

Honestly speaking I was working with the assumption that, while the northern alliance has been very profitable for its members (I believe), ultimately everyone plays for their own incentives.

4 Likes

Given that Red (@Vsotvep) and Yellow are dependent on each other, it was in both of our interest to find a longterm-plan that we both can agree to.

3 Likes

There is “problem” with current ruleset (actually it turns out to be a problem of any multiplayer game): there are situations when the player is guaranteed to be e.g. the last one, but still the actions of this player would have a decisive effect on the general outcome, e.g. who takes the first place. I do not think this is bad or whatever, it just a fact to accept for this kind of games.

So for this game in particular: for me it looks like actions of @yebellz , in particular, the way he leaves the game, would affect overall result, that is who takes the first place. So if he wishes

securing the best outcome for NBTO

than he should suicide his whole group so that @sokoslav has no chance to live inside that territory and would have to suicide himself to take second place.

But in this case @yebellz would certainly take the 4th place. So this scenario is against formal rules of the current game, because @yebellz is guaranteed to take at least 3rd place for the time being. I don’t mind if this “violation” happens :slight_smile: I do no mind taking first or second place as well. I would do my best to be in top-2, of course :slight_smile:

I do not think any outcome has something in common with ethics problems. In other words, I think ethics breaks on multiplayer games :crazy_face:

But of course there are other possibilties even in the current game like @martin3141 capturing @Vsotvep :flushed:

3 Likes

So the suicide of @NeilAgg added a bit of pepper to this game. However, he had a way to continue the game regardless previous discussion on what may happen after 25 rounds: if everything went that way, I would allow him to play inside mine territory (because it would be good for both of us).

I think it’s a very interesting endgame. A lot of things are still possible.

K2 would be a boring final move, and not aligned with my interests as a faithful member for NBTO.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think not following the formal targets of the game is cool because it all is about fun not “who takes the first place no matter what”.

3 Likes

Well, to the point!
P2

The corner finally and irreversibly belongs to us, Emperor

@martin3141
https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=abhachaehafhaghahhaiaaifakaakfalcamcancbahbbhbchbdhbfhbghbhabhfbiabifbjabjfbkabkfblablfbmcbodcahcbhcchcdhcehcfhcghchhciacifcjacjiclaclfcmacmfcndcoddahdbhddhdehdfhdghdhhdiadifdladlfdmadmfdnadnfdodeahebhechedheehefhegdehaehfeiaeifekaekfelaelfenaenfeoaeoffahfbdfcdfddfedffdfgdfhafhffiafiffjafjffkafkfflaflffmafmffnafnffoafofgfdghaghigidgjagjfgkdglaglfgmagmfgncgoagofhbdhcdhddhedhhahhihidhjdhkdhlahlfhmahmghnchocibdicdidciedifdigdihdiidijeikdildincjacjbcjccjdcjecjfdjgejhejidjjejkejlajlijmajmijodkackbckcckdckeckfekgekhekiekjeklekmeknckoelbcleclfclgelhelieljelkellelneloembcmccmdcmfcmgemiemkemlemmemoenccnecnfcngcnhenienmennenoeodcoecogcoheone&bs=15

3 Likes

I was hoping it would mix things up. But, it does not seem that will happen.

I did not consider that possibility. Oh well.

2 Likes

That is totally fine! You had to do something, but maybe trying to communicate first would be better for your final position. :slight_smile:

Going back to fun, it would have been more interesting for me if I could mix up the game than to just play pre-determined moves.

1 Like

Dear Red (@Vsotvep),

unless by choice of Sky (@yebellz), I believe it is impossible that Sky will place in fourth position from here on. In case the L2 stone stays in atari, Sky will have the option to capture Red. In case L2 gets connected by Red, then K1 will be in atari and Sky will have the option to capture Yellow. Eventually somebody will play K2 for certain.

Red (@vsotvep), we are partners in crime. Isn’t it fitting that we fall at the hand of each other, at the crime scene?

3 Likes

You can die at the very same time by playing A1 and allowing another player to capture both simultaneously.

If this your real romantic goal, I suggest you play B2 :wink:

If not, I would prefer it if you let the choice to @yebellz on whether or not I will be captured by Sky.

3 Likes

Waiting for Sky (@yebellz) to run out of territory, expecting them to go down quietly despite having the option to capture Red (@Vsotvep) or Yellow, seems just wrong to me.

Adieu old friend, we had a good run together.

K2:

Thank you for playing @Vsotvep!

Next to play is Sky (@yebellz))

3 Likes

Blue (@Sokoslav), if you play L2 and K3 (once K3 is empty), then my demise at K2 is ensured, and with it I’m guaranteed to take third place.

In that scenario I will try to ensure that Sky (@yebellz) will take first place. They can still capture the F10 group if I don’t defend it.

If you allow me to connect K2 to J4 however, I may have the aspiration to reach second place, while you claim first place.

Yes, I was the villain all along :smiling_imp:

4 Likes