Translingual Shiritori

No, you can go, I am not good at this, so I am going to take much longer than you would.

Latin lamia (blood-sucking witch)

Enjoy that one :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, but this one might break the rules:)
It is supposed to end in a consonant and then a vowel
I can’t spell.

1 Like

Argh! The ending rules!

Second try: Latin lamella (sheet of metal)

A sheet of metal isn’t as interesting as a bloodsucking witch

Sadly, lamia cannot be declined into a valid word for this game ;_;

lamella is on the board.

Esperanto lakto (milk, n.)

1 Like

toro - bull(spanish)

1 Like

Latin rotundo (I make round)

It doesn’t work, but is dominus a word?

Yeah, it means master / head of the household. You can decline it into a working plural.

I’m here trying to think of the second declension song, but the only one I remember is the first declension one though.

There’s a song?

e x c i t e m e n t

Well, when I took Latin, my teacher had a song for first declension. At some point we all had to come up with songs for the other declensions. Unfortunately I don’t remember much from any except the first declension.

Officially, my least favorite part of this is the ending rules because I suck at coming up with the words. The rules are important, just they are also a challenge.

Sorry to intrude, but I think this game can be improved

• get rid of rule 2 and 5, these are way too restrictive and without them the game will work fine. They make the game rather boring otherwise, there’s way too many words starting with a consonant and a vowel.
  • Let’s simplify rule 6: the last sound of the previous word has to be indistinguishable from the first sound in the new word in the language of the new word. For example: formula (English) -> raishuu (Japanese) is allowed, but formula (English) -> radio (Dutch) is not, since la and ra are not homophonic in Dutch.
  • Also, let’s add a point system, any time you add a new word, you get a point, any time you add a word that nobody can continue you lose 3, but you gain 3 points if you yourself can make a continuation in a different language.
  • You can’t use the same language twice in a row. Switch 'em up a bit. Similar with going between two languages. Boring!
2 Likes

Without rule two I’ve got dos. Two in Spanish. @Vsotvep, that is also with your no language twice in a row rule. @bugcat gave me an idea for this word, but I don’t know the different endings, and I want to try avoiding looking stuff up. I would consider using some of my notes, but I would consider that the same thing as looking stuff up, which is almost like cheating in my mind. I am only ok with using my Japanese notes because I think I may have failed the pronunciation/English letters part. I am sure others feel differently, but this is just my opinion on notes. Not that this could really be checked.

I’ll join the game with osmium (English, it means osmium).