Werewolf Game 1

Looks like we have contenders for the new town pedant, when the obligatory period of mourning is over…

4 Likes

Typo and it stays :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m on mobile, at work, sleep-deprived and also an idiot.

2 Likes

I think the protector should protect themselves tonight.

Also, are you after the seer to take the heat from fiddlehead? :thinking:

1 Like

Well, I’m with fiddlehead that a seer who doesn’t give any information is not that useful

1 Like

If the seer comes out on day 1 then everyone knows who they are but protector can protect them for sure and thus we don’t risk losing the seer on day 1. I can understand this logic.

The werewolves know who us 4 innocents are. If they know the seer, they have 1/3 chance to kill the protector and the rest of the game we are without any defense.

The more I consider our predicament, the more I’m inclined to vote for restraint. I now feel that there’s virtually no difference between our acting and not acting. I choose not to act, if only because it makes me feel less morally compromised. If there must be more blood, let it be on the werewolves’ hands, for now at least.

I would say to the seer, you might survive the first two nights with a little luck, but then you can wait no longer. You must reveal what you know. Then the rest of us must separate truth from falsehood. Imposters will surely emerge. The remaining villagers must somehow acquire the right gut instinct for this. It’s an appalling burden, but hopefully the protector can give the seer enough time.

Oh, the humanity!

Eugene, you asked about drawing straws. Given our woeful lack of information it may well come to that. So to speak.

Notice: Poll Closes 5 Hours Earlier than Intended

I messed up the closing time of the poll. It will actually close at 2020-02-15T12:15:00Z, which is 5 hours earlier than I had intended. The confusing aspect about polls on Discourse is that they always display the time in terms of UTC (while I am in the UTC-5 timezone). I would have fixed the time on the poll (which would have only cleared one vote that was anyways set to “No one”, but it seems that I am no longer able to edit the poll.

Please be sure to vote before the deadline, if you wish to cast a vote:

Sorry for any inconvenience. I’ll try to be more careful in future rounds.

4 Likes

Eugene has been so quick to point fingers and assign blame. This coupled with his eagerness to eliminate a player today seems rather suspicious. If we decide to execute someone today I’d be inclined to cast my vote for him.

1 Like

Although that also seems like lunatic behavior.

That’s why people kill you :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have one more thing to get off my chest before night falls. Some of us have come under suspicion, and that’s perfectly understandable. However, in Eugene’s case I sense that we’re in a dangerous double-bind. Some of his comments strike me as werewolfish, yet somehow I can’t shake the feeling that he’s actually a suicidal lunatic and therefore not to be touched with a ten foot pole, let alone a pitchfork. I would advise extreme caution in this matter.

Earlier I spoke of gut instincts. Well, there are some of mine, for whatever it’s worth. Eugene, if I’m wrong about this and we both survive this ordeal, I will apologise publicly, then buy a round for you and all your friends. Well, most of them. Okay, some of them.

That’s it then. I guess I can speak for us all when I say, Luck, be a lady tonight.

1 Like

I second that gut instinct.

1 Like

I’d imagine wolves would try to be as normal as possible unless they’re playing 3d chess.

Btw, we could openly ask the seer to check someone now.

2 Likes

I propose fiddlehead (sorry if you are a villager, but you understand) to be checked by the seer and protector to protect themselves.

No eliminations for me yet, unless someone can offer a clear candidate for werewolf.

1 Like

I guess you have to ask who’s behaving more human and who’s behaving more scheming werewolf.

On one hand you have a community leader, known for good intent and occasional mistakes, who lost it in a moment of stress (apologies Gia).

On the other hand you have a person who we really don’t know - who arrived in the village almost yesterday - coldly calculating and building momentum for an actual killing. Us killing each other!

If we have to draws straws, in order to have a chance of killing a werewolf, I’m willing to go with that, but I think that if we’re going to point fingers, we should look at who is trying to achieve what, and how!

1 Like

If the protector has any plan that the werewolves can rely on, then they can be sure to eliminate a certain character the night after. I think the protector should protect whomever they want.

1 Like

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!

It has to be @S_Alexander who is a werewolf! Just take a look:

Meanwhile, @RubyMineshaft must be the other:

the symbols in his profile image, 反賊, literally mean “traitor”, with the second character in fact meaning “to murder”!!

Finally I’m convinced @Gia is the lunatic, since:

3 Likes

So appropriate for an OGS forum thread to be assigned with one lunatic and end up with three.

3 Likes