Werewolf Game 2 - The Tragedic Story of Kosumi Castle

sad parchment noises

'tis just the sound of bookworms eating up the old scrolls u__u

7 Likes

@You_Know_Me does it really do anything if you vote for every option in the bottom pole? Are you saying you donā€™t care, or is there a hidden message? Also again, if you donā€™t care, you donā€™t need to vote.

You are also being contradictory with your vote, saying both kill and donā€™t kill if we get no new information. I would like to hear the reason behind this.

2 Likes

Oh no, our dear @bugcat! :pensive: /* shakes head in sadness /* He was not always easy to understand, if you know what I mean, but he didnā€™t deserve such a horrible death!

And again, no trace, no clues around the bodyā€¦ We need to do something, thatā€™s for sure, but how can we know who the vampires are? Who was on the nightwatch? I fear it might have been our dear scholarā€¦

3 Likes

I am hesitant to make a decision. Donā€™t want to do the wrong thingā€¦ But on the other hand, if we do nothing, it will get more difficult from day to day.

1 Like

Having thought over yebellzā€™s proposition, I find our situation as murky as it ever was. And Iā€™m not convinced that the cost to benefit ratio (if I may put it so coldly) would be even marginally good for us. But as nobody is coming forward anyway, it now seems a moot point.

I donā€™t believe we are at that stage where we need to start blindly executing people. Itā€™s still five on two, the odds still favour us, though it may not feel that way. The guardian is presumably still alive. Maybe we get a break tonight and the vampires target someone who the guardian is protecting, even if by pure chance.

I understand the sense of desperation thatā€™s creeping in, but I also feel that we need to stay calm. For me the question now is, how can we fill the remaining daylight hours productively. The funeral that Assai will be conducting may help, but we need much more.

4 Likes

rings the death knell

1 Like

It seems like everyone has woken up on this day. No one has come forward as last nightā€™s nightwatch, which means that either:

1. bugcat was the nightwatch.
  2. The nightwatch does not want to reveal whatever information they learned.

If itā€™s the former case, then I think weā€™re in an unfortunate situation, but we should want to know if thatā€™s the case, since then we wonā€™t keep waiting for information that will not come.

3 Likes

Dear parish,
we have gathered here to commemorate our dead. There were worrying death circumstances. Vampires are among us. But now the time has come to say goodbye to our Scholar, @bugcat and our dear Court Jester @Vsotvep . Bugcat was very educated and would have known how best to behave in this situation. And Vsotvep always had a good joke in store. We will remember them for a long time.
Now we live in a time of uncertainty, nobody knows whether he or she will experience the next day. That means we have to act wisely.

Turns to the altar

Great God, please help us recognize the vampires and hunt them down. Give us the wisdom not to judge the innocent and the strength not to despair in this uncertainty. Give the night watch the courage to make the right decision, either to reveal the vampires to us or to keep their knowledge to themselves so that the vampires have no clue who to kill to decide the game for themselves.

Turns back to the church

Let us pray.

Pater noster, qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie.
Et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo.

(Quia tuum est regnum et potestas
et gloria in saecula.)

Amen.

Now go in peace.

Now letā€™s bury the dead in the courtyard so that they donā€™t rise as vampires.

5 Likes
  1. has a probability of 1/6.
  2. has a probability of 5/7 (7 other players than the night watch, 5 other innocents).
    I donā€™t really know what we should do now. You are right, if we donā€™t kill anyone we wonā€™t kill a vampire.
1 Like

Simply put, Iā€™ll go with the tide. Am I spineless?

How do we pick at random to execute? Are there more options than the proverbial drawing of straws?

Since three living players (@fiddlehead, @You_Know_Me, @Assai) expressed a desire for the nightwatch to remain silent, while the other four (@yebellz, @Haze_with_a_Z, @Gia, @KAOSkonfused) would like the nightwatch to speak up, I think its most likely that either:

1. @bugcat was the nightwatch, or
  2. One of @fiddlehead, @You_Know_Me, or @Assai was the nightwatch

Thus, given what I know, I would say that there is a 25% chance that @bugcat was the nightwatch. By 25% chance, I mean that I think that 3 to 1 odds against @bugcat having been the first nightwatch would seem like a fair bet between me and someone that does not have additional information (or between two people that are not part of the game).

Could you please explain why you think that the nightwatch revealing information would not be even marginally good for us? If we wait, then there is also the risk that the previous nightwatch is killed tonight and never gives us that information. Further, we also have the risk the next nightwatch is eliminated tonight, and we have the risk that the nightwatch is already gone and hence we are playing blind, but we donā€™t know it.

Donā€™t you think that having the nightwatch speak up, in order to at least clear the guilt of one player, could be beneficial to us in making the decision of who to kill?

If the nightwatch clears a player or two, then it makes it easier for us to guess at the identities of the vampires, and prevents the next nightwatch from wasting effort in checking the same players. Although confirmed innocent players would be obvious targets for the vampires, they would also be obvious targets to protect, which does not necessarily make them so easy to pick off.

1 Like

The Nightwatch could reveal without disclosing any information, correct? My belly yellows as I lean into revealingā€¦

I jump to the execution phase considering no one has spoken out. I can claim I was not the Nightwatch and that I have discovered nothingā€¦ but would you believe me when I confess this is the truth?

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Spontaneous call for new Werewolf game

Whatever is revealed there are a few certainties. The vampires will always kill, regardless of what is revealed, perhaps it will change their perspective, but nonetheless, they will kill.

So if we assume the worst, the night watch reveals the guardian or the trigger happy tribunal, it may harm that role, but it will still narrow down who the vamps may be.

I have also have been assuming the same thing, @yebellz.

May I put it out again, that the night watch could reveal themselves, without revealing what they discovered?

Let me also go ahead say I will likely be forced to vote within the next four or so earthly hours, or possibly in the early ours of the next dayā€¦ as my corporeal self must report to its corporeal dutiesā€¦

Well, what other fears do we have from discovery? So if weā€™re not worried about the revelation of rolesā€¦ vampires already know who the innocents areā€¦ what is there to lose to out the night watch?
Are we now to assume we are all claiming that none of us were the night watch?

At this point Iā€™m led to believe that bugcat was first watchā€¦ unless someone is pulling the curtains over everyones eyes.

Correct my logic, but at this are point we are back to square one? Unsure, but willing to execute in the chance we snag a vampire. Perhaps if there were some random way to select one of us from the sevenā€¦

Or with a lack of information do we stay another execution?

1 Like

Any last thoughts before I add my vote to the lotteryā€¦?

In case anyone missed it, I did respond to the question put to me by yebellz. For reasons I donā€™t understand, the post (and several others) were moved to the other thread.

1 Like

Is the day already ending?! And neither have we heard from the nightwatch, nor have we made a decisionā€¦

Iā€™m not happy with this, but I also donā€™t want to kill an innocent person.

I hope we will be wiser tomorrow.

2 Likes

Surprised by the sudden fall of night, the courtiers put their suspicions to the vote. Sadly there were not many suspicions, or rather there were none at all:

Voter Voted for
@Gia nobody (did not vote)
@yebellz nobody (did not vote)
@fiddlehead nobody (did not vote)
@KAOSkonfused nobody (did not vote)
@Assai nobody
@You_Know_Me nobody
@Haze_with_a_Z nobody

Confused and anxious, the members of Kosumi Castle went to bed, knowing fully well that the vampires would likely dwindle their number yet again tonightā€¦

3 Likes

The first to be up this morning was the noble Marshal @KAOSkonfused, folllowed closely by the nervous Master of the Hunt @Haze_with_a_Z. While they prepared their appearance to be ready for the day, the Chaplain @Assai came yawning into the mess hall, to find the Treasurer @You_Know_Me slumbering at one of the tables. When the Chamberlain @yebellz and the Lord @fiddlehead himself finally arrived, usually exceptionally late for breakfast, the courtiers started to get worried. On normal days, the Cook @Gia would already have cheerfully greeted them with cereal, fresh juices and delicious chilled milk, but today there was nobody to be found in the kitchenā€¦ Certainly the Cook is not the next victim of this horrible vampiric curse? The worrying bunch of hungry courtiers hurried themselves to the bedroom of the chef, to find her lying flat on her belly on the floor, next to a large puddle of a dark red liquid! But, it was only a false alarm: from the smell of the room, the three empty jugs and the broken fourth one it was easy to conclude that the Cook had been drowning her sorrows with wine until the early hours. A collective sigh of relief went through the room as the Cook grumpily woke up and was reprimanded by the Chamberlain for neglecting her tasks.

We now start the Day phase. The next Night phase will start at 2020-03-21T17:00:00Z.

To clarify the above: this night the Guardian succesfully guarded one of the innocent courtiers, and the Vampires had to blow off their attack. Only the Guardian and the Vampire are currently aware of this (but not of each otherā€™s identity, of course). The protected player is blissfully unaware.

3 Likes