Werewolf Game 4: Madness of the Martian Mimics

%#!$ these lowlife martian scum bags! Dr. Von Zamenhof was likely our only chance of beating this disease. I swear if I find one of them, I am liable to strangle it with my bare hands. Actually, maybe I should wear gloves. I don’t think I could stomach touching one of those creatures.

I took the liberty of reading through our fallen comrade’s literature regarding this disease. It appears that MED is caused by a specific, singular parasite which jumps from host to host. If the good doctor was correct about this, it is not possible for two of us to be infected at the same time. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any of Dr. Leira’s purported elixir.

I don’t see how pretending to be infected could benefit anyone, mimic or human. I don’t think we should be so quick to assume one of these two is a mimic.

Instead, I’d prefer to look at changes in behavior/disposition. If the rest of the crew wishes to execute one of these two based on this, I will agree, but I think it’s a waste of our time and resources. In my opinion, it would be a foolish move for one of those creatures to reveal its disgusting little self this early by pretending to be infected.

7 Likes

This makes me sceptical. One of them is 99% a mimic, why wouldn’t you want them gone?

:pray: :+1:
:woman_cook:
:tea:

3 Likes

The fact that half of our crew required an age waiver to join this mission just makes me fear that one of them may think it’s a funny practical joke.

6 Likes

I can’t completely dismiss this, I see your point.

Indeed it would be, but it is also foolish for an innocent to waste our time with such silly games. MED is no trivial condition and should not be made light of. Further, we must focus all of our efforts on defeating the mimics, which is a much graver challenge.

Even should we succeed, our original mission has been shattered and we will still all likely die on this planet. However, we must succeed, even at the cost of our own lives, since our new mission is not to survive, but rather to defeat this Martian scourge that would threaten all future missions and the hope for humanity to establish itself as a multi-planet species. Failure, given the circumstances back on Earth, would be an existential threat to civilization itself.

We don’t have time for practical jokers that make mockery of our ordeal. It’s a shame that military training and the discipline that it would bring was not insisted upon for all members that joined this mission.

I cast my vote for @Sports_for_Life, because of the situation above, and because the departed @Leira suspected them as well.

@HHG, I see that you have also already cast a vote, first for “nobody”, but then switched to @Sports_for_Life after I had cast my vote. Would you care to discuss your decision, rather than just silently lurk in the shadows?

It should be required that we all discuss our decisions, thoughts, and suspicions going forward. Those that choose to play silently do us no good, and should be eliminated, if we do not have firmer suspicions.

6 Likes

As the crew went over the books on language diseases that @Leira had brought with him, they found a good reference on MED that indeed confirmed that MED could be contracted by any sort of intelligence, human, animal or artificial. It seemed indeed likely that Martian mimics could be affected as well. Furthermore, there has not been any case of multiple intelligences showing symptoms simultaneously.

7 Likes

I first chose nobody (because who else?) , before I saw the discussion. Then I chose Sports for Life.

2 Likes

:game_die: :man: :speaking_head: :speech_balloon:
:one: :face_with_thermometer: :exclamation:

:arrow_right: :soccer: :basketball: :tennis: :ping_pong: :boxing_glove:
:man_astronaut: :question:

:arrow_right: :speaking_head: :speech_balloon: :capital_abcd: :exclamation:

:pencil2:
:night_with_stars: :arrow_right: :bed: :walking_man:

5 Likes

If we do put this information in our back pocket, so to speak, what’s our next play? Until a short time ago we were looking at executing more or less randomly with barely two clues to rub together. What do we gain by postponing this decision when the odds so overwhelmingly favour us eliminating one of the enemy either today or tomorrow?

2 Likes

If I understand your foul, garbled MED speech correctly, I tend to agree. @Sports_for_Life if you are an astronaut pretending to have MED you need to tell us now. An explanation would also be warranted.

4 Likes

We said that we had to kill someone today yesterday. Were you out of the discussion yesterday too?

1 Like

Well, I didn’t see who to chose. Therefore, I chose nobody. (I guess I could’ve not chosen anything, but whatever :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@Assai, @Sports_for_Life:

Until we know which of you is truly infected, neither of you is to come near me.

I swear on all that is good in this Universe that if you come within 10 meters of me I will blast you with my stun gun :gun: and have one of the androids :robot: throw you in a stasis pod.

F@!%!!! Still showing symptoms. Where did Dr. Leira stash that elixir?

Aunt Hazel tried to warn me not to throw my life away by coming to this Universe forsaken planet. Why the hell didn’t I listen?

3 Likes

*shakes head and looks back and forth between the MED patients and the spot where @Leira disappeared*
I can’t believe this is happening.
*takes deep breath*
Even though Leira has always been a bit shady, I will miss him - at least his contributions to our pen & paper evenings on our way to Mars! Such a talented roleplayer.

@Gia , I think @Assai asked you for a cup of tea.

Is it really that easy? For a mimic, claiming to have MED would be a pretty dumb strategy. On the other hand, it’s makes even less sense for an innocent (as @yebellz pointed out already).
But still… regarding that @Sports_for_Life already acted suspicious yesterday, he’s my best bet at the moment. I vote for his execution.

2 Likes

How did I do this? @KAOSkonfused
I finally understand you guys want the mimics to win instead of me/innocents. I faked being cursed because I was wondering what would happen. I am perfectly fine if you guys kill me, maybe you like losing to the mimics. If I were you I wouldn’t kill me because I want the innocents to win.

3 Likes

Uhm, Assai, what were you trying to tell us earlier?

You smoked weed, then got hungry and fell asleep? Do you mean that was right before you fell ill? Sounds like a perfectly normal evening of yours.

But I don’t get the rest of what you said.

Oh, wait. Now I get it:

“fiddlehead
yebellz
game master?”

3 Likes

Current Status of The Vote

By the way, I recommend that everyone check the status of the vote regularly and note changes with snapshots like this.

Votes cast against @Sports_for_Life

1. @yebellz
  2. @HHG
  3. @Cool_Person
  4. @KAOSkonfused

The other 9 have yet to cast a vote.

@Cool_Person, please speak up about why you cast your vote.

Sincerely,

:bell: :bell:

3 Likes

Private Sports, I believe you. However, do you not realize how your actions could have compromised our entire mission? Did you sleep through the training sessions? Who evaluated you?

Crew, I fully believe that we need to re-evaluate this situation. If Sports is indeed innocent, it would be very convenient for alien dirtbags (who know both Assai and Sports are innocent) to get a free kill out of this while appearing to speak from a logically sound position. Perhaps we should look at those who are most adamant about executing one of the two.

Brief OOC Comment

This hopefully shouldn’t need to be said, but we have some younger players who may not fully understand role play. I don’t want anyone to get their feelings hurt.

Please understand that everything I post within the context of this game is in the voice of my character unless clearly marked as OOC. Nothing should be taken personally or as an attack on another player.

4 Likes

Well, Sports did act suspicious yesterday, as he was one of those who couldn’t wait to execute someone. But as I said before, I’m not at all sure he is a mimic. Maybe this was only supposed to be one of his annoying “jokes”. Ha. Ha. Not very funny. :roll_eyes:

However, there are two others that made me wonder if they could be mimics, and those are @Cool_Person and @HHG. Cool has not been up today, so I will wait what they have to say. HHG is suspiciously taciturn today, but maybe he’s not fully awake yet.

5 Likes