Werewolf Game 5.1 Discussion

The snatchers don’t have to change their mind, I’ve made a pretty strong case to ensure they’ll win if Roy turned out to be the actual oracle :stuck_out_tongue:

Up to this moment in the game I was still more convinced @syoon was the oracle than that Leira was, since I couldn’t rhyme Haze coming out as a lover as good strategy, and killing Haze was just too convenient, given that it would’ve killed the witch if she didn’t use her potion. But an oracle investigating their imitator was too ridiculous to believe…

My prediction: the protector should come out and claim they’re alive, then everybody will rejoice, since that secures the ‘victory’. Sanonius will die first of the snatchers, people get suspicious when James doesn’t get killed the night after papavero dies, then it’s probably too late to do anything.

4 Likes

I am aloud to like the gm’s post but not other ppl’s in the game.

That’s correct. My posts are okay to like, but please wait until after the game ends to like anything else or post in the game thread.

Looks like the Snatchers are targeting papavero today. If they succeed in getting him killed, the game ends. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

This is actually the best possible scenario at the moment: papavero is the only innocent who can claim to be the protector. This claim should at the very least let the villagers become more suspicious of James. There will be no counter claim, except if Sanonius or Haze is going to risk it and bring forward a counter.

Then there is the small chance that I was the protector, which is not unlikely, given that i was first targeted, and everybody survived the first night. But if this is the case, then James should be dead tomorrow (which he probably won’t be).

Let’s hope Kayo figures this out.

4 Likes

I’m a bit disappointed that Kayo gave in and went along with the vote as quickly as she did, but I have a feeling once papavero comes along and reveals his role, she’ll flip again.

I’m eager to see papavero’s reaction. I hope he come’s online soon… I’ve got my popcorn ready to go.

1 Like

Kayo has a pretty good reason to go along; it is still quite likely from her perspective that James is the real oracle. She’s doubting it, but I don’t think she finds it more likely that James is fake than that he is real.

3 Likes

I wonder if papavero not revealing his role yet was a mistake. On one hand, if he manages to live, remaining hidden is great for the innocents, but if he dies it’s game over. Of course he couldn’t possibly know that though.

2 Likes

He should… He should… It’s the only thing that can make him believable…

1 Like

What happens if the protector just keeps living and keeps protecting himself? The game gets to a point with a snatcher and a protector, neither able to kill the other, right?

1 Like

I did think about that. If it comes to an equal number of hunters and snatchers, I’ll declare it a snatcher victory. Otherwise, the protector could just protect himself every night and force a stalemate.

On second thought, I’m not sure that’s true. Votes would be tied in the day, and once another innocent is killed it would be easy for the snatchers to vote him out the next day. The only way it could work out that way is if papavero manages to make it to final two with a snatcher. In which case, it would legitimately be a stalemate.

2 Likes
Here's a good play for the snatchers if paparevo uses the "I'm the protector" card: Sanonius could immediately counter that claim. If they then kill James at night, I'm pretty sure everybody will be completely convinced James was legitimate and Sanonius would therefore be solidified as the protector.

Scrap that, if Sanonius were the protector, James wouldn’t die at night.

1 Like

It looks like papavero may have given up. I don’t understand why he didn’t reveal his role though.

He may give it one more shot before the day ends, but I don’t see a way forward. If he had any chance it was to tell them right after he was accused.

I suppose I’ll start writing the Statchers win ending.

Edit: Nevermind. For some reason I thought the day phase ended today. I still don’t see a way for him to turn the vote around though.

2 Likes

I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone for playing. I hope everyone had fun!

As a side note, there were a few roleplay posts in the Soulsnatcher thread that I’ve asked Vsotvep to move over to this thread, so there may be a few seemingly out of context posts popping up soon. These occurred during the first few nights. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was so sure that syoon was a soul snatcher and haze wasn’t…

2 Likes

This was fun, thank you very much, @RubyMineshaft for organising and everybody else for playing!

3 Likes

I can’t tell if we’re get better or worse at this!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Why did you think I was a snatcher? Because of the post where I was translating for James? I did not believe him at that point, but making their claims publicly understood is of course vital. It was not until your later posts that I lost confidence in your oracle claim.

Why did you accuse Butch? It didn’t make sense from the perspective an oracle that claimed to have investigated him and known for certain.

1 Like

Sup yall, gg

1 Like