Werewolf Game 5.1: Trouble in Steelwater Bog

James woke up that day feeling extremely cheerful. He had a huge smile all across his face.

—We did it guys, we have won!

Everyone jumped out of their bed. By now they all knew better than to get mad at the waiting for him to continue.

—The last snatcher… it’s you, Kayo. That was very well played.

James gave her a heartfelt Korean style bow—hat off, arms tight, 90 degrees—and headed off to Miss Sapphire’s office.

“Gooooood, goooooode!” said the sleazy voice in his head. “Now, my child, go collect your prize.”

—Miss Sapphire, you’ll be pleased to hear that we cracked the case. It’s unfortunate that three of our fellow adventurers had to sacrifice themselves but…

Miss Sapphire raised her hand in an exasperated gesture.

—Oh, for Gemstone’s sake, will you ever not!? Stop fooling around! Wait, no, no… not the speech!… not the s… argh!!!

Mara’bin-jera the Diamond Trickster, having fully taken possession of James’s body, began skipping around the room like a little court jester and taunting the hunters with her prodding.

—Gotcha, Maze @kingkaio ! No true love for you… Gotcha, Kayo @KAOSkonfused ! Let me sign you those college papers… Gotcha, Master Bellzie @yebellz , “P-h-D”!— she made sure to heavily emphasize those air quotes. The trio had a rather appalled expression.

—Oh, come on, guys! This is funny! You actually believed that Reason & Logic were going to save you!? Ha ha ha! We predate friggin’ logic! You dunces were still painting on cave walls when we went a-snatching around.

She put her hands around her cheeks and started making silly faces.

—“You are not making any sense, Roy”… “We can remove the curse with an exorcist”… oh, oh, and how about this one?— she pulled the poster out of James’s pocket and pointed “No experience required.”

—Enough!— yelled Miss Sapphire —I told you to collect the souls, not to make a soap-opera!

Mara’bin-jera stuck out her tongue and gave her the finger; she hated boredom more than anything. In resignation, she restored what remained of James’s conscience to his own body. As he returned to his usual oblivious self, he didn’t seem to notice the sadness and fear on any of his colleagues; he just took out his earbuds and played the song that had been stuck in his head since he got here. A bright blue light poured out of a little gem, stuffed inside his shirt pocket along with everything else.

—Let’s go home, guys.

6 Likes

Wait that was the end?

Tazel apologized for their stupid decision…

They wrote a letter to Hazel,

Sorry Hazel for putting you in this mess. You are a better monster hunter than me, and I will now acknowledge this.

-Your partner, Tazel (:

7 Likes

Thanks for organizing the game @RubyMineshaft!

Thanks for playing everyone. Well done, Snatchers!

8 Likes

That was unexpected hahaha
Great game @RubyMineshaft!!

4 Likes

Yeah, it was interesting. Thanks for playing.

I wonder what’s been cooking on the kibitz thread now.

5 Likes

I added everyone to the kibitz thread which includes the secret prologue to the story and a list of all actions taken in the game.

We’ll see if we can’t cajole @Vsotvep into making it public for us when he comes online.

7 Likes

Good game, it feels so good to speak normally again.

1 Like

Speaking in character is fun, albeit hard and kinda time consuming sometimes.

1 Like

I meant speaking in emoji’s.

1 Like

I kinda wanna get the emoji curse

1 Like

:sparkler: :sparkles: :dart:

Consider yourself cursed.

6 Likes

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thanks for the game, everybody!

@Gia Imho you should really work on not appearing to be evil. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I was so sure you couldn’t be innocent!

7 Likes

Give me a moment, I need to go wash off sleazy Marlon off of me, bleh :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I thought you liked marlon.

It was fun being Hazel and Tazel :smiley:

3 Likes

I was pretty sure you put into him every awful guy you’ve ever met.

4 Likes

Not even close, he was mostly benign, just too annoying and sleazy.

I made a point to make him recognize at least some boundaries.

3 Likes

Oh, shoot! That’s no good. I’m sorry.

EDIT: On the other hand, a full-on bastard without the concept of respect and realistic behavior would have made for an interesting social commentary.

2 Likes

I know, there was a moment where my character would have had a different reaction, but I couldn’t write it out.

Also, we are supposed to not try to be so unlikeable we are voted out. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not really…

This is a place where all of us should feel safe and not be made uncomfortable (or at least not much :wink:), so there are definitely limits to what can be roleplayed, I think. Especially because here are also kids, as well as people who might have experienced things like harassment and discrimination before.

Btw, I was once “roleplay-raped” in a chat by someone I viewed as a friend and who thought that was a good joke. :expressionless: :roll_eyes: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:Well, from my point of view not so much.

7 Likes