Werewolf Go Game 1

Well, it’s different in the games that you’re fighting for your life. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

So you are willing to give up on a life in safety and properity not just for yourself, but for all of us settlers, for the sake of some fun? Please reconsider!

5 Likes

Roleplaying-wise: Of course not, I’m bold, not stupid. We are a team and I will follow the plan; but if I were alone, I would gladly give up a bit of quiet prosperity for some thrill.

Game-playing-wise: We agreed to try a game with incomplete information because we expected some crazy fun, yet now we’re about to remove that uncertainty. By the moment we know both the teams, it becomes a regular game of Go with a weird order of playing; even weirder if we are still allowed to discuss strategy in the open. Also, the board gets pretty small after the setup of Vsotvep’s plan without much room for getting ahead. If it were larger, I would probably think differently about it.

4 Likes

Oh, but none of this is going to happen of course! Those stinking rebels will smell defeat if they play along, so they won’t!

BTW: I have been thinking about rebel-counter-strategies. But I’m not going to discuss my thoughts, because if all of us settlers refrain from that, it makes it hard for the rebels to discuss without revealing themselves.

3 Likes

Sounds like the sort of half-baked rebel plan to try to undermine our strategy

4 Likes

So here is the current board position with the list of colours and players.

visible_colours Round_8

With @Leira next to play.

I encourage players to post updates on the current position in this style from time to time, to support the smooth progression of the game. And thanks for everybody who already does :slightly_smiling_face:

On that note I need to inform you that I’ll be on vacation from 2022-08-01T22:00:00Z until 2022-08-07T21:59:00Z I will be able to access the forum on mobile, but not on my computer. That should be sufficient for me to fulfill my duty at minimum (i.e. confirm whether stones get captured or not), but I have yet to figure out how to post images etc. on mobile.

Thank you for helping :blush:

5 Likes

I understand the sentiment of this being quite boring. I wish I hadn’t come up with such a good plan, but now that I have I feel compelled to see if this game is ‘boring’ or if something exciting can happen nonetheless.

A rogue rebel can seriously harm the plan, so I think it’s not a given thing yet that the settlers have an easy win in the pocket. Information is less valuable than in vanilla Werewolf, since, as yebellz said, there is no form of elimination.

4 Likes

I definitely do not think that this plan has made the game boring. I don’t think it solves the game, as it still very much remains to be seen if we’ll actually be able pull it off. The rebels will definitely want to disrupt this plan. That would help out at least some of them, but we’d then have to adjust a bit, and form contingency plans. Even all of this discussion is quite interesting.

Making and executing plans like is exactly what we have to do to win. We need to work together in order to press our slight numerical advantage and force the rebels hand into revealing themselves.

3 Likes

I am in for the plan, but I am pretty sure I am an amnesiac - not in the game, just in real life :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

It won’t be interesting to play until someone deviates from the plan, but the plan itself is interesting.

4 Likes

If all can agree to play according to the plan, we can skip ahead to some mutually agreed position. I would like to put some more time into finding the most suitable position to aim for, in particular making sure that a rebel couldn’t easily grab another 8 points by cutting off some territory, or something like that.

2 Likes

I don’t see the point in that, tbh.

Rebels can rebel, we can mess up or someone might want to be a rogue settler.

I say let’s let the game unfold.

5 Likes

As the arbiter I won’t allow such a “shortcut”.

5 Likes

I’d say it’s fairer to the rebels and game design to play it out. Using mutual agreement to skip ahead would be introducing a new mechanic that seems to help the settlers and gives us the tool to force the rebels into a tricky position right now (by compelling them to vote). By instead playing it out, I’m guessing that we might encounter some people making “honest mistakes” along the way and trying to argue their way out of them…

4 Likes

Also, if I understand correctly, if we find out the rebels, we can just try to stop their plans.

Doesn’t mean they automatically lose, a game is a game and it’s not over till it’s over. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Ah, come on, the rebels have clearly lost now and should resign. If they don’t, I’ll call a moderator and get them banned for pointless stalling of a game.

4 Likes

You went there, tsk tsk tsk.

3 Likes

Back in the Seminary, Leira would often be punished by his superiors for “disorderly conduct”. The pennance room had a maxim nailed to its wall:

Let the Hand Talk do the talking.

A proselytizer is sent to C10.

5 Likes

I’d say the first rebel is found. Also the decision to play there makes it likely that one of the neighbours is a rebel too.

Meanwhile I have formed an opinion about likely roles for 7 of the 9 players (including myself). I’m not sure it’s useful to reveal my thinking though.

4 Likes

Well, that happened earlier than anticipated. May I ask the Hermit @Leira to reveal some more of their reasoning behind those uncooperative choices? “Let the Hand Talk do the talking” is rather incomprehensible to me.

5 Likes