When the pandemic is over, I will

When the pandemic is over, I had best take careful and get married to someone extremely rich.

7 Likes

When the pandemic is over, I’ll marry someone extremely rich and bribe the AGA to remove pass stones.

5 Likes

When the pandemic is over, I’ll bribe the AGA to remove pass stones and get rich to marry bugcat.

5 Likes

Is that after Mark suffers a regrettable and unforeseen fatal Go accident, taking him out of this love triangle? ;)

4 Likes

Actually, it would never work, I’m seriously allergic to cats.

But there’s no harm in dreaming…

3 Likes

When the pandemic is over, I’ll get rich to marry bugcat and grow old raising little bugkittens.

6 Likes

When the pandemic is over, I’m gonna grow old raising little bugkitten and wonder if they start out as larvaekitten, pupate, and hatch, or just grow fur on an exoskeleton.

3 Likes

When the pandemic is over, I’ll marry bugca-- wait a second!

When the pandemic is over, I’ll wonder about larvaekittens and practice parenting skills with Amorphous+.

Sadly this wouldn’t embed ;__;

oh wait, Flash is RIP :c

2 Likes

You lost a precious chance to travel back in time, and have a meet-cute with yourself.

5 Likes
A bugcat’s baby is a …
  • Larvakitten, plural larvakitten
  • Larvakitten, plural larvakittens
  • Larvakitten, plural larvaekitten
  • Larvaekitten, plural larvaekittens
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

3 Likes

Now I wonder where I’ve got the idea from that kitten has a plural without s.

Just as importantly, do larvakittens gather in a clowder or a swarm?

2 Likes

Do CATerpillars gather in swarms?

1 Like

Perhaps they group in cataracts~ (cataractae)

1 Like

They gather around a goban. A goban of larvakittens.

2 Likes

When the pandemic is over, I’ll remind everyone of that time when a thread became The Bachelor.
And wonder about larvaekittens.

2 Likes

When the pandemic is over, I’ll either practice parenting skills with Amorphous+ or remind everyone of that time when a thread became The Bachelor, and then wonder about the proper conjugation of the verb “YOLO.”

2 Likes

Like go, but not irregular.

1 Like

We had a similar discussion in LLL back in October.

bugcat: How would one show the case of an acronym in Latin?
In English, for instance, we could say NATO’s weaponry or weaponry of NATO but how would we do this in Latin?

tela NATOnis?
tela ex NATO?
Just tela NATO?
Or use a participle to say something like “which has been possessed by NATO?”

Perhaps the solution is to introduce NATO as a nominative or accusative earlier in the sentence, and then refer to it obliquely with Societatis, ie. the Organisation’s.

Sanonius: I’m sure we can find historical examples of this. For NATO, I think we can say NATOnis, but something like E.S. for Europaeica Societas just stays E.S. and the reader has to guess the case.

In speech, YOLOed seems like the only option.

Perhaps you could write YOL’dO [You Only Lived Once] and be exceedingly pedantic, though.

There’s also the option of going all Early Modern English with YdOLO [You did Only Live Once]. or YodLO [You Only did Live Once].

And if we’re going down that route, there might be OLTO / OLÞO [Only Lived Thou Once].

OOdÞL – Only Once Didst Þou Live?

(Also, is YOLO a verb? Or is really a phrase? I mean, it can be a whole sentence on its own…)

1 Like

When the pandemic is over I’ll wonder about the proper conjugation of the verb “YOLO” and find reasons to use non-ASCII characters on Discourse.

1 Like