HIDE ALL SPOILERS

Like this
[details="Spoiler"]
Spoiler content
[/details]
5 Likes
what have you done

3 Likes

By the way, with the share button, you can “copy text” to automatically get something like this:

Wordle 220 5/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Less spoilers this way

3 Likes

The original game is linked in the first post: Wordle - The New York Times

No ads, no signups, works well in a mobile browser with no need to download an app.

However, there are a TON of clones/copy-cats (some with really shady in-app purchases and ads).

4 Likes

What are your settings?

Hard Mode?
  • Hard Mode Off
  • Hard Mode On

0 voters

Light or Dark Theme?
  • Light Theme
  • Dark Theme

0 voters

Color Blind Mode?
  • Color Blind Mode Off
  • Color Blind Mode On

0 voters

2 Likes

Color Blind Mode is :fire:

:black_large_square::blue_square::blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:
:orange_square::blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::orange_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

3 Likes

The one color wheel combination I never liked on anything, orange-blue :woman_shrugging:.

5 Likes

Although I think it is much more difficult for non native speakers, I have tried.

Spoiler

I’ve given up here: I can’t find anything with those clues

6 Likes
spoiler

It helps to focus on another vowel maybe?

2 Likes

I got there because I saw the letters in your screenshot, but it’s like cheating :grimacing:
It is a word I know, I shouldn’t have given up.

5 Likes
Another huge spoiler

BADUK

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

Actually, I wonder if “BADUK” or “WEIQI” are even in the word list?

3 Likes

Also lots of very useful clones! When I first found out about wordle, I knew it was the kind of thing my family would like, but playing in a foreign language can be frustrating (I think my English is decent, but there is quite a gap between “decent” and “scrabble-level” English…).

So I was happy when I found a Swedish version, and for the last couple of days our family chat has been filled with Ordel-results!

Here is a list of some versions in other languages, there may be better ones available if you google around a bit: https://game.acme.to/wordle/

(Italian is there, I couldn’t find a Greek one unfortunately)

Here is another fun clone that I didn’t share with my family :wink:
nsfwordle.com

7 Likes
Spoiler

Too hard in english

3 Likes

NSFWordle 5 2/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

https://www.nsfwordle.com/

My nsfw English is better than my scrabble English :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

@Groin, please hide spoilers! Don’t give up after three guesses!

NSFWordle 5 2/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

3 Likes

Japanese version: Kotoba Asobou 言葉遊ボウ

4 Likes

Hello, I’m delighted you found my collection of WORDLE’s game.acme.to/wordle, and of course, I’ve included your version as well.
–cheers

6 Likes
further proof that my French is abysmal

Le Mot (@WordleFR) #16 :skull:/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:

wordle.louan.me

3 Likes

The idea of hard mode is very strange to me, it just takes away some of the strategic depth and makes it more luck-based.

In my opinion the most interesting way to play the game is to maximize winning percentage, which often means guessing words you know to be incorrect.

An easy example is if you’ve locked in four out of of five letters and have only two guesses left. Let’s say there are 3 possible letters that could go in that last spot. If you’re playing in hard mode, you’ll just have to guess two times, and if you’re unlucky you just won’t get it.

But in regular mode, you should try to come up with a word including all three of those letters. If you can do that, you’re guaranteed to get enough information to win on the next guess.

5 Likes

No fancy sharing option, sorry

3 Likes