WORDLE 🟩⬛🟨🟩🟨

Wordle 244 4/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

Wordle 244 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::orange_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::orange_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::black_large_square::orange_square::black_large_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

1 Like

Wordle 245 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:

My gathering letters strategy failed miserably, since I didn’t collect a single new one after the second turn.

Latin Wordle 49 5/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

Explanation

serva – slave girl
nares — nostrils
Andes – the mountains. I don’t usually guess proper nouns, but I thought they might’ve been named after a regular word. Nope, Wiktionary thinks the name comes from Quechua andi, “high crest”, via Spanish.
pilum – javelin, pestle. I was trying to find the last letter. It turned out to be a U, giving
audes – you dare

1 Like

Wordle 245 5/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:blue_square::black_large_square::orange_square::black_large_square::blue_square:
:orange_square::blue_square::orange_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

mild hint

I was not expecting such a word to be a solution. It seems a bit uncommon.

Josekle #19 (6 moves)
:green_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

I just noticed that Martin Gardner anticipated this craze in his 1978 book, Aha!

Also, it took me way too long to get the joke in the third panel.

3 Likes

Phew!

Wordle 245 6/6*

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

nerdlegame 32 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::purple_square::purple_square::black_large_square::purple_square::black_large_square::purple_square::purple_square:
:purple_square::purple_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::purple_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

https://nerdlegame.com #nerdle

mathler.com 18 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

hard.mathler.com 18 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

easy.mathler.com 18 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

If you like mathler or nerdle, you might enjoy this too: 24 game - Wikipedia
I used to play this game with my dad.
Can play online here: https://www.4nums.com/

1 Like

i actually didnt even know this was a word until now, no-one ever explained it for me… i just got desperate and tried things that looked like words >__>

Wordle 246 5/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes
😉

Yeah, it’s something we all agree on with needing to say it explicitly.

3 Likes

And the streak continues!

Wordle 247 3/6*

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:

1 Like
4 Likes

well f**k me sideways i should make solving wordle my new profession xD

Wordle 248 3/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:

2 Likes

While I sometimes totally failed at doing the “Worldle” (when the solution was some of the smaller countries in South America… that’s the world region I’m worst at), I now had three easy wins in a row - for countries that are quite easy to recognize by their shape. :wink:

#Worldle #38 1/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

1 Like

Wordle 254 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::orange_square::black_large_square::orange_square:

Worldle #38 1/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

Josekle #28 (11 moves)
:green_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

Fusekle #10 (8 moves)
:purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle:
:purple_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle:
:purple_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle:
:purple_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::purple_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::purple_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::purple_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

Fusekle #10 (8 moves)
:purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle:
:purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle:
:purple_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::green_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

1 Like

Best game yet!
https://WordHoot.com/g/jkqXMNqSLp
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

There may be some errors from manual transcription, but here are the statistics for all of the ogf users that posted results from Wordle (the original version)

Username Count Average
@_KoBa 15 3.73
@KAOSkonfused 10 4
@yebellz 21 4.24
@Vsotvep 12 4.42
@bugcat 7 4.71
@Gia 12 4.92
@_Sofiam 1 2
@Feijoa 1 3
@AlicEos 1 3
@teapoweredrobot 1 3
@terrific 2 3.5
@Jon_Ko 1 4
@MooToYouToo 1 4
@okonomichiyaki 3 4.67
@aesalon 3 4.67
@shinuito 3 5
@JethOrensin 1 6
@Gooplet 1 6

Note: I split the list by those with too few results (< 4) vs others. Ties are ordered chronologically by post (I think).

No one seems to have posted the emoji output for any failures. However, some other posts seemed to have implied so otherwise.

ogf totals

96 results submitted, average: 4.28

5 Likes

Are you asking for this?

3 Likes

I can honestly say, hand to heart, my wordle results are infinitesimally better than my Josekle results.

3 Likes

Ultimately, what I’m more interested in is something that I would call the “vanity index”, which is the difference between a person’s true average minus the average of their posts sharing their results. A positive index would indicate a tendency to post better than average results, whereas a negative index would indicate the opposite, and zero indicates that one’s posts may be a more representative sample.

For example, here are my actual stats

My actual average is 4.16, and my posting average is 4.24, so that makes my vanity index −0.08 :partying_face:

What is your vanity index?

• Negative
  • Zero
  • Positive

0 voters