WORDLE 🟩⬛🟨🟩🟨

Well you have me bang to rights - or can I use the mode?

1 Like

Oh heh i forgot wordle for few days, bye bye my streak

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 12.28.47

1 Like

I seem to have lost my stats, I forgot exactly which device I was playing with the most, back when I was doing it daily, but all my browsers are missing data now on the NYT one… would guess my vanity index was positive tho as I had plenty of 5/6 and 6/6 days

Has anyone posted Heardle yet? https://www.heardle.app/ Pop music version, very clever but much too hard for me. The first one I saw (yesterday) I knew I knew the song but could not summon it.

2 Likes

this was hard one, why cant they pick more “unique” words >___>

Wordle 262 6/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I would be an outlier. I seem to have only commented here when one was hard for me. I posted two 6/6, but I’d probably get a bunch of them in 3,4,5 guesses normally. My stats are slightly skewed though, either by playing on multiple devices/browser or by the fact once or twice somebody spoiled or partly spoiled it on me, and I got it like two, or one time I tested to see if it was the same word on both when NYT took it over and got it in one… which was a bit silly.

2 Likes

Wordle 262 5/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:

Funny enough, the route I took made it very hard for me to find the right word in the fifth guess. Even your comment that it is a not very unique word didn’t help, because I couldn’t see any word for a while that would fit :stuck_out_tongue:

I think sometimes your own guesses can make the word easier or harder than it actually is. The trouble with more unique words in that sense, I imagine, is that people can get to the end and have no idea what the word means and probably need a dictionary to help guess, or just trial and error to see if some combination of letters is allowed :slight_smile:

I’m not strictly playing on hard mode but I tend to just enjoy trying to use the letters I know in subsequent guesses rather than coming up with tactical guesses that might help me get it in one fewer or something.

1 Like

Random side note:

Upon googling Wordle it seems like the google logo does a little Wordle animation, which is kind of fun.

2 Likes

This is why I don’t play on hard mode :smiley:

(made a strategic guess 4 to cover 3 different letters that could be in position 2)

Wordle 262 5/6

:orange_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::orange_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:orange_square::blue_square::orange_square::orange_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square::blue_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

1 Like

Wordle 262 6/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::blue_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::orange_square::blue_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::orange_square::black_large_square:
:orange_square::black_large_square::orange_square::orange_square::black_large_square:
:orange_square::blue_square::orange_square::orange_square::black_large_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

1 Like

Wordle 262 3/6

:green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:

I was very lucky with this one!
(And so will ruin my yebellz factor further)

1 Like

Wordle 263 6/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:

I have no idea why i didnt try that word on my 4th or 5th guess, the guesses i made were really random words xD

Edit
heh since looks like no-one has posted anything after me, i’ll just add todays result to this one

Wordle 264 3/6*

:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes

easy.mathler.com 43 3/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Answer

17+40
72-15
84-27

I just hit a small milestone - 50 out of 50, no losses, all in “hard” mode (which I didn’t realise existed until recently). Unfortunately I occasionally forget to visit the site, so the “streak” is broken. My one criticism of the site programming is that it should only break a streak when you fail, not when you miss a day.

1 Like

Wordle 270 X/6

:black_large_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:
:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::black_large_square:
:blue_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

My streak ended today

I blew my 100% record yesterday, after 61 in a row. I had *OUND after 3 attempts, with 7 more possible first letters available. That’s a mean choice by the programmer ; it should be skill that succeeds, not blind guesswork. Boo !

So we have these 7 letters to check, and 3 guesses left:
FRHBMSW

Thus if we make the next two guesses HOMES and BROWS, we will always have enough information to solve it on the last guess :smiley:

(In “hard mode” it would indeed be blind guesswork, which is why that mode is objectively less fun :wink:)

2 Likes

I have always played in hard mode - hence the low odds of getting that one. There have been others where I just got lucky - *IGHT was another similar stinker, with at least 9 possibles.

Today’s Heardle!!!

3 Likes

This was very jammy, from the Archive website. Quite satisfying, though.

Capture - wordle in 2

1 Like

are people still playing original wordle? i am still keeping my streak going, though admitedly not in hard mode

1 Like