Worst Moves Ever

Yes, yes. By now I have found it. My last post was meant entirely self-deprecatingly!

1 Like

Time to relive the pain! Mwahahahaha!

Well, what are you waiting for then?

I remember the first time someone got me with a monkey jump. Me: “What! What was that!?” Opponent: “Haha! You’ll never get done like that again” Cheeky wotsit!

6 Likes

When seeing the title of this thread, I immediately thought of the cover of »Get Strong at Gote«.

15 Likes

Haha, reminds me of this: Get Strong At Resigning at Sensei's Library

Always good for a laugh :laughing:

6 Likes

Sometime ago I played a game, when my opponent suddenly completely out of the blue - certainly having no reason at all to do so - resigned and wrote calmly in the game chat: earthquake.
That was the worst MOVE ever.

13 Likes

OMG! That is crazy!

It will be hard to find the game, but the description will suffice: yet a total beginner, I have read the The Power of the B2 Bomber at Sensei's Library article. Impressed, I went ahead and played a match with a B2 Bomber! My opponent was playing some weird noob corner moves in the meantime. At the time I felt like something is wrong… I have realized this is a joke! Checking the article out, I didn’t notice it’s marked as Humour… Resigned. Worst moves ever.

10 Likes

A recent game, when black atari at F15, I totally did not see it could connect back three dead black stones and played at N18 with -40% winrate change. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Woo.

14 Likes

I had no idea what to do:
f1

so I played time-suji:
f2

and then I got brilliant solution:
f3

group is finally saved, time to increase some territory! :grinning:
f4

f5

13 Likes

Screwing up under time pressure.

The blue move kills whereas mine only creates a ko, in which White has many local threats.

5 Likes

Too many up and downs, very weird game. I thought if both lives, me(black) wins big, but it is pretty much an even game.

Anyhow, at this point, I had it, but as soon as I played the -99 move(I thought it was a seki), I saw the killing one, but too late. :joy:

Whatever, not that I deserved the win.

4 Likes

"who stops doing tenuki first, wins"

1. . . .

2. . . .

4 Likes

Sorry i don’t see the difference.between first and last dia.

That’s because they both played tenuki…

did u check the percentages?

Oo i see
Missed the title so just considered the difference if white follow dia1 or dia2…
nvm, funny tenukis yes

Filling neutral stones – The deadliest phase of the game.

11 Likes