WSC 2023 | Mar 1st - Mar 31st

What is called live online is usually quicker as in real life. Maybe because firstly it’s quicker to click as to take put a stone snd push the clock button.

When you say main time, so you mean there is also an unspecified increment or is it absolute/sudden death? If the former, as long as the increment is at least 10s then it doesn’t matter what main time is.

30s byo yomi is never blitz

1 Like

If you think about it like that then it makes sense, I checked the settings and indeed for live the minimum increment is 10s. I think it got me confused because then this means live games can still be quite fast. :sweat_smile:

So I think that answers my question, just stick to live settings and I’m always playing a live game. Thanks!

3 Likes

Less than a week until kickoff. Start telling your friends to sign up :+1:

@Clossius1 any idea when the prizes section will be determined and filled in?

2 Likes

How do you set your rank in the list?

It should fetch it automatically from OGS, something’s not working?

It broke for kickaha too. Bit bizarre :thinking:

69 hours until challenge start!

1 Like

2023-03-01T00:00:00Z

Games don’t have to start on time…

1 Like

Should a banner be posted on the OGS site for 24h or so?

5 Likes

Well I keep complaining about ranked anxiety, caring too much about rank, and not playing enough games so I’m basically required to participate…

LET’S GOOOOO

6 Likes

I’m in @Clossius1 :raised_hands:

5 Likes

@Clossius1 Are there minimum time requirements for correspondence games? I started a few games with Fischer time control 1day + 8h up to 3 days, are they too fast or do they count for the challenge?

7 Likes

I don’t remember how many games I finished last year, but I hope to get at least 50 this time

5 Likes

Can we play absolute correspondence games?
I’m thinking 2 weeks absolute time each player would be basically a month.

No. (See rules in registration page)

2 Likes

Roughly 21 hours until start time!

2023-03-01T00:00:00Z

Over 100 participants and counting, that’s 10,000 combined games if we all “win” the competition.

1 Like