You know you are a Go addict when …

https://forums.online-go.com/badges/47/devotee

11 Likes

Tapet on wall! https://note.mu/igoart/n/ndd617dafcef8

5 Likes

You know your a go addict when every go game go’s like this for you.

10 Likes

… one board just doesn’t do it for you anymore :thinking:

one_board_wont_cut_it

16 Likes

I‘d play Tengen for sure :smiley:

6 Likes

If your arms are long enough! :open_mouth:

6 Likes

… your hand looks like this whether you’re holding a piece or not :scream:

ouch

7 Likes

… Grandma asks you to speed up her computer and, during the installation of her new CPU, you just can’t help yourself :speak_no_evil:

when_upgrade_grandmas_pc_and_you_cant_help_yourself

16 Likes

Or you install a dedicated graphics card for her with a similar scenario. If she is a heavy gamer. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You know you are a go addict when you enter a voting booth, examine the ballot, and, distressed by the obvious imbalance of power, you shade in enough circles to even things out. Plenty of indiscriminate pincering and counter-pincering.

And thus go begins to undermine democracy. Hey, nobody said this stuff comes without a price.

6 Likes

… you think the fighting, lasers, and explosions in Star Wars are amazing, but know the series could be completely elevated to new heights, if they but handled the battles in a different format :thinking:

wonder_if_star_wars_battles_could_be_solved_another_way_smaller

… you see the potential in every stone you pass :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

… you see this in a park and think: “it would be perfect if we just could engrave a goban on it!”

20 Likes

Dupont Circle, a small park in a street circle in Washington, DC, has (or had, I haven’t been there in 30 years) chess boards engraved in stone furniture like this.It was a very popular hangout for hustlers who would play for anything from $1 to $5 per game. They were fairly strong, ranging from 1700 to low expert level I would guess.

5 Likes

Cordless angle-grinder… :wink:

8 Likes

…when you’re supposed to be studying but instead you play go.
or when your parents have to drag you off the computer because of go.

10 Likes

I would say rather:

You know you are a Go addict when your grandchildren can’t drag you off the computer because of Go.

14 Likes

… when your parents are long dead, and you don’t have kids nor grand-kids, so you just play Go :joy:

13 Likes

BECAUSE* you just play Go :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

22 posts were split to a new topic: Exotic Go Stones

…In all honesty, seeing Palpatine play simultaneously against 4 Jedi masters and come out on top would be just as jaw-dropping as the actual scene.
(Come to think of it, all of the Sith Lords have been shown fighting against multiple Jedi at once. Perhaps the Dark Side hijacked AlphaGo for their nefarious plans…)
Kylo Ren doing nuclear tesuji also sounds hilarious :rofl:

3 Likes