You know you are a Go addict when …

… when you throw your computer out the window because ogs displays a blank screen

6 Likes

… when you dedicate yourself to raising Go awareness from the shadows, tagging dirty cars and windows during nighttime hours when you could be sleeping. But that just isn’t who you are! :face_with_monocle:

graphiti_tagging_activism_advocate_gorilla-marketing_raising-awareness

25 Likes

i love this. and you just know that if i saw this, i would absoultely go out of my way to solve this.

10 Likes

Me too. I would hane at the head of those two with no regrets.

9 Likes

Is this supposed to be tumego? Isn’t white just alive? (unless I’m missing something blindingly obvious and should probably never drive a car lest I run over a construction worker wearing a bright yellow reflective vest, holding a stop sign, surrounded on both sides by a “V” of traffic cones, and talking to a policeman with their lights flashing)

7 Likes

It’s to capture the cutting stones

9 Likes

ha! only now do I see all the finger-marks from the single finger pointing at the hane at the head of those two stones

POKE! POKE! POKE!

10 Likes

And it’s thought out in advance. White was drawn before the board lines.

3 Likes

… if your car looks like this.

21 Likes

You know you are a Go addict…

Addicted%20to%20Go

18 Likes

love how the sticker wants cars behind you to back off (thats the intent right?), but conversely requires a true go addict to chase you down until they find a solution the tsumego is solved :joy:.

11 Likes

The tsumego IS solved: white’s unconditionally alive, hence black tenukis! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

the tsumego isnt anything… thats your solution. presumably you worked it out while chasing @trohde? :wink:

5 Likes

@trohde’s too far, I can’t catch him! :wink:

But I’d like to know YOUR solution to the tsumego.
Are you able, as black, to kill white?

What I believe is that the autor of this nice gag intended both meanings at once:

• (car) if you are able to read this sign, you’re too close: keep your distance!
  • (go) if you are able to read this position, you know there’s nothing to do for black: play elsewere!

This makes me enjoy even more this smart joke.

11 Likes

I’m now getting a mental image of trohde appearing in court to contest a fine for distracting fellow motorists. He gets a sinking feeling when he sees that the judge is wearing a helmet with a pickelhaube! Sometimes a go addict just can’t get a break.

6 Likes

I had to look this one up :blush:

The Pickelhaube; from the German Pickel, “point” or “pickaxe”, and Haube, “bonnet”, a general word for “headgear”), is a spiked helmet worn in the 19th and 20th centuries by German military, firefighters, and police.

6 Likes

Trohde himself raised the issue of pickelhauben in an earlier thread regarding english -german translation.

I like to think that judges would tend to be lenient with kyu material. Not so much with dan level problems.

“Clearly the plaintiff should have been able to read out the solution with minimal distraction. The case is dismissed.”

9 Likes

…when your response to the question “what do you want for your next birthday” on your Japanese HW is “a Hon-kaya tabletop goban” using all the proper kanji (本榧卓上碁盤)

16 Likes

I actually asked for and got a go set on my 12th birthday—hardly a goban though, just a cheap set, but I was thrilled to get it.

12 Likes

… you can’t quite seem to paint that Knight :upside_down_face:

cannot_quite_seem_to_paint_that_knight

16 Likes