You know you are a Go addict when …

Nice work with the go board on that one! It’s quite a tricky one to do!

2 Likes

Did somebody already find out about the game on that image? Is it a known one? Looks realistic to me.

1 Like

I wish I could find where we were messing around with this image before. Does anyone remember?

(YKYAAGAW you can remember every image posted in the go forums :smiley: )

9 Likes

It was used before in the memes thread, I think.

4 Likes

It’s from images of newer times May 2018. I’m a Go addict.

12 Likes

Wow, that was awesome, how did you do it!?

I see that the game is in @smurph 's version, so that might make it harder to trace, after all this time.

(YKYAAGAW you want to know where a go game in a joke image comes from :slight_smile: )

7 Likes
3 Likes

Ooo - I only spotted smurphs send up, and didn’t see your original.

Did you do the game? If so … you have to tell us what game it is! (And nice work on the perspective)

3 Likes

… you notice there are two hoshi marks missing from the image, while the other two are visible.

… you know there have to be at least five played black stones that are not visible

… you figure it is most likely just two (or three if it’s white’s turn) hidden behind the hand

… you know that you can never be certain about it because of the top left

11 Likes

… you’ve been studying for so long, that this is what you see…

…and this is how you feel.

11 Likes

… because of illegal position, right?

6 Likes

What do you mean @trohde? :thinking:

2 Likes

@Mulsiphix1: this here:

17 Likes

Good reading!

3 Likes

Haha, nice! Eagle eye!! Well done :smiley: (high five)

2 Likes

Heh, thanks :smiley: Part of my Go addiction is that I must always check images of boards in movies or any mainstream media for illegal positions like the one here.

17 Likes

Oh… So it’s not just me who does that? Good to know :smile:

6 Likes

Long shot, but is this a reference to the first season of Blackadder?

2 Likes

Trohde was the sole inspiration for that post. No connection to Blackadder was intended. But then, if the shoe fits… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Catweazle shoe fits me better, I think :joy: (not sure, though, whether he wore shoes at all).

3 Likes