You know you are a Go addict when …

Warning: Hikaru No Go Spoiler (Info is revealed in Episode 1 of Anime)

… you kill yourself because you got fired from your job as a Go teacher :sob:

6 Likes

From facebook. No comment further!https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=746344959175166&set=gm.10157986356851514&type=3&theater&ifg=1

4 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: How to view Hikaru no Go in UK

I’m not addicted to go. Always, i knew it. Just now i doubt it…

3 Likes

… you see the potential in every stone you pass

4 Likes

But I play it anyway

12 Likes

boom

11 Likes

I actually almost missed class one time because of a site tournament I was in, after which I learned not to blindly enter a game without checking how long I have until my next class XD

13 Likes

13 Likes

FIFY

“after which I learned not to blindly register for classes without checking how much time I have for tournaments”

12 Likes

When you take out a second mortgage to attend the Go Congress.

13 Likes

A bit freudian but not place on Earth to hide from Go.

8 Likes

Hang on, didn’t we already have this in the Go Memes thread?

2 Likes

Ooh, I actually know this one! The phrase “flip the bird” actually comes from a late 19th century slang phrase “give the big bird,” which more or less meant to hiss like a goose (the big bird) while someone was on stage.

The part I had no idea about was that a famous baseball player had his picture taken with his middle finger up (which has been an insult in some variation since we’ve had fingers) and someone connected the two.

Also: the subtle bird will permanently be added to my vocab.

5 Likes

There’s a collectable baseball card photo with a serial killer in the background… I don’t remember any more but Google should tell you.

1 Like

Look, the SURROUNDING GAME!
sorrounding%20game

15 Likes
6 Likes

… When you close your eyes and hope for a quick nap, but in your mind you see a ko threat.

It has begun. Oh. My. God.

11 Likes

Analogously, I think we can call it the “Go effect”

14 Likes

I’ve had the Tetris from actual Tetris, the MOHAA where I would continue to hear the rain out of my headset and IRL and the FPS in general where I would see the heartbeat GUI (?) when I closed my eyes.

… I guess I have a predisposition. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes