You know you are a Go addict when …

You think back pain is “baduk-pan”

You are annoyed when words like miai and fuseki get corrected to some random thing by autocorrect

You think this is a book on the taisha joseki:

9 Likes

You are not enough of a Go addict then. If you were you would get annoyed by random things being corrected to miai and fuseki by your autocorrect…

9 Likes

you were at least five minutes late in withdrawing this post :crazy_face:

1 Like

You are addicted to Go. My respect!

1 Like

When at first you think that

is a Japanese go term, that you are unfamiliar with :crazy_face:

4 Likes

separate ‘Y’ symbol don’t exist in Romaji, its always yu/yo/ya

The one exception I know is “Yebisu”, which is pronounced as エビス “Ebisu” (a neighbourhood in Tokyo) and written as ヱビス “Webisu” in Japanese.

1 Like

I just typoed consider the latter as consider the ladder… the muscle memory doesn’t lie.

8 Likes

I watch hikaru no go to get myself pumped up to play more games

6 Likes

Cartesian coordinate system

10 Likes

Ykyaga when you’re cooking and accidentally read “tengen” on your pan.

10 Likes

… when, as a university student, Sensei’s library is above the university library in your internet browser auto-completion :laughing:

13 Likes

… when someone mentions the Atari computer and you cannot help but chime in with “Did you know that the Atari computer is named after a term used in the game of Go?” :nerd_face: The others stare blankly:neutral_face: Yes, I am that guy :man_facepalming: I hate myself right now, LOL :laughing:

15 Likes

I am also that guy :heart:

6 Likes

I’m not that guy for technical reasons but yes. :+1:

9 Likes

You know you are a Go addict when you chose a specific religion because in your next life you want to be a pro go player

2 Likes

You know you are a Go addict when each time you go to restaurant, a bar, a pub, a holiday center, a temple or a church, you try to figure out how big a tournament someone could organize there.

10 Likes

You know you are a Go addict when at your first art class you decide to draw the logo of your future go club. (And guess what at your first woodwork class)

Ykyaga when you can play go in a train on a real board, not a magnet one.

9 Likes

There was (is?) a tournament that takes place entirely on a German train.

The tournament fee was something like €60-80 as I remember.

5 Likes

A running train?? It’s really difficult to keep the stones in place with the vibration…

1 Like