You know you are a Go addict when …

When you need to fill in the gap between your walls … choose dame.

6 Likes

Ykyaga when you ask yourself if you should mention on your curriculum vitae that you are at the first place in the OGS 13x13 ladder.

11 Likes

You are at the top of two handfuls of ladders, but I don’t see any 13x13 ladders in there :thinking:

Regarding go on a CV: I was advised to put my go achievements on my CV. As “unimpressive” as they may look to us in the go community, because we’re a relatively small community and all know each other, they do seem important to outsiders. Especially if you won any championship, regional or national, do put it on your résumé.

On the other hand, an achievement on an internet go server, I wouldn’t mention it. I would be afraid it sounds too much like “I play video games”.

3 Likes

You know you are a Go addict when on your CV you could write more about Go than about what you are studying.

4 Likes

Be prepared to stay calm after the inevitable “oh, it’s like checkers then” when you try to explain Go to them.

5 Likes

I’m quite lucky in that regard, most people I’ve interviewed with had at least heard about AlphaGo vs Lee Sedol!

3 Likes
1 Like

The “serious” go addiction thread is here: Managing Go Addiction - (serious).

This thread is typically used for humorous examples.

Although you probably weren’t talking to me, I apologise if I sometimes say things here that are too real and not humourous.

And to keep being in topic: you know you are a Go addict when you have so many things you could say here that you don’t know which one to choose

1 Like

No, I was responding to the preceding posting of a serious article on go addiction.

1 Like

I see that article as a list of things that could be posted here but I didn’t read it carefully. Its tags are “baduk” and “humour”

Did you read “any of the following”?

3 Likes

You know you are a go addict when you think that humorous posts on go addiction are serious.

6 Likes

Everything is Go-related, if you try hard enough.

get (18)

2 Likes

I misunderstood it. Sorry about that! I guess @jlt is right.

Ykyaga when you watch internet disconnections on the videos of Drbaduk with your own internet disconnections problem.

1 Like

You know you are a Go (/moderation) addict when you have to convince everyone else that you are not or that it is not relevant, maybe :frowning:

3 Likes

Ykyaaga when YouTube makes music suggestions similar to names of go players.

ScreenShot_29_01_2023_16_31_53

11 Likes

My mom was watching a cdrama and out of the blue she said “Oh, Go, they’re playing Go”.

I think my family is getting addicted by association. :woman_shrugging:t2:

17 Likes

ykyaaga when your Sunday morning looks like this.

I’m better at watching go than playing it, and I’m ok with that.

2 Likes