Bugcat's thread guide

I was skeptical as to how many people would find it interesting.

It is, after all, mainly a statistics thread. Since you’re requesting it, though, I’ll add it :D

2 Likes

I think the TTY tournament thread has meandered a bit. Earlier on, there was some discussion about the future of the tournament, OGS, and society. I imagine that type of discussion might pick back up around the one year anniversary, where some might reflect on this historic year. I also expect that the transitions between each round will elicit quite a lot of diverse discussion.

4 Likes

O sorry I didn’t see. Btw I would have hard time myself to separate “life and death” and “puzzles”

1 Like

Good job!! @bugcat :smiley:

2 Likes

I guess pinning only really works within a category? So if I’m in the meta category this would be at the top, otherwise it’s just floating around like any other thread when all categories are selected. Maybe I should use individual categories more but it seems like more hassle.

1 Like

Pinning isn’t permanent, after you’ve viewed a pinned post it acts like a normal post. It ensures you see it at least once, not every time.

3 Likes

In the settings (of this forum) you can change this behavior such that pinned topics are not automatically unpinned. You can still always manually unpin topics (which affects only your own view, of course).

6 Likes

Good work @bugcat, this is very useful & interesting. I’ve already discovered several things that I would otherwise have overlooked.

3 Likes

Lots of potential here…

2 Likes

This is a long list! I’ll put a bookmark.

3 Likes

Bookmarked, thanks!

2 Likes

Super!

1 Like

Can we have a thread guide for alternative GoBans such as larger boards (21x21, 25x25, 37x37, etc.) and Toroidal-Go?

1 Like

First we should write these guides because there is like nothing.

1 Like

I was thinking of threads like this: Switch to 21*21 - #33 by bugcat

1 Like

Yep that’s the only one i found too.

1 Like

You can find some discussion of alternative gobans within the Go Variants category

Here are some that mainly focus on alternative gobans, but there are also many other variants with other changes to the rules

Also, here is discussion for a tournament that features the 25*25 board

3 Likes

Cool!

4 Likes

I believe the TTY tournament thread has wandered a little. Earlier, there was some discussion about the tournament’s, OGS’s, and society’s future. I imagine that type of discussion will resurface around the one-year anniversary, when some people will reflect on this historic year. I also anticipate that the transitions between each round will elicit a wide range of opinions.

2 Likes