Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

Thumb-down is worse than a mere disagreement, I think. In real life and even on the internet, I have disagreed with someone but still appreciated the comment if, for example, it stimulated some new thought or insight. In such cases on the internet, I have still given a like, while posting a response to speak to a point of disagreement.

3 Likes

Meh they seem about the same to me, one just conveys less information. But sometimes there are posts that donā€™t require a response beyond a thumbs down. (See any number of posts about OGSā€™s colorful logo)

1 Like

We need an emoji meaning ā€œI like your post but I disagreeā€.

7 Likes

Also, ā€œI donā€™t like your post but I agreeā€

6 Likes

I understand the wish to express disagreement in a very short and direct way but i donā€™t think this would contribute positively to the debates and instead would push for opposition and tension between different opinions.

5 Likes

Donā€™t add that! then Iā€™d have to go back and apply it to every Jeth Orensin post I hadnā€™t liked when I read it!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure whether or not I agree with this, but I do like that the simple like or ignore way we have now, encourages some sort of reasoned response if one wishes to communicate oneā€™s displeasure

2 Likes

Achievement badges on your profile page.

Also, a compendium of the different types of trolls you may encounter on the site.

6 Likes

Ahh too pessimistic to put it in this thread! not that Iā€™m aware of any plans, but this feels like it should be relatively high on the ā€œlistā€

4 Likes

Apparently itā€™s already on the todo list. I hope we get more achievement badges in addition to the WSC ones.

4 Likes

Yeah, @trohde got me to see (agree) with just having ONLY one ā€œlikeā€ buttonā€¦ At first I thought a ā€œLOLā€ button would be nice to have so I could easily (one-click) laugh at the jokes made here, but after I read his reply to me I agreed with him (and you). :blush:

2 Likes

maybe a broken heart?
the heart for loving it and the crack in it for disagreeing?
:broken_heart:

2 Likes

Okay maybe we donā€™t need :-1: but I think we can all agree we need

:monkey: monkey jump
:horse: keima
:racehorse:haengma
:tiger:tigers mouth
:dumpling: dumpling
:white_circle::black_circle: white and black
:skull: that groupā€™s dead
:bamboo:bamboo joint
:tea:teasuji
:crossed_fingers::ok_hand: pro/n00b

6 Likes

please not ā€¦ when I was little, love deprivation was a common punishment for disagreeing with my parents. Later it was a quite difficult lesson for me to learn that we can disagree and still be friends.

3 Likes

The move counter visible on the forums site

8 Likes

A special ā€œsandbaggerā€ account type, where ranked games affect your rank but not your opponentā€™s rank.

EDIT: Intended for streamers and similar use cases.

9 Likes

The problem is the system canā€™t recognize most sandbaggers. It might recognize rank-manipulating sandbaggers, but that is trivial.

Edit: Thanks for the clarification. Now that makes good sense!

1 Like

So after your game you get a message like "lucky day, you just played an official sandbagger, so your result is no change in your rating! "

2 Likes

I think it would be silentā€¦ but then we would get people in here asking ā€œwhy didnā€™t my rank change after this game?ā€

Make it ā€œCertificated Sandbaggerā€ with an icon next to the account name xD

3 Likes