Food that others love but you hate

Pavlovas and green bell peppers.

7 Likes

Rocket salad. (Had to look that up in English.)

They put it everywhere, even on pizza. How dare you!?

5 Likes

Rocket pizza sounds awesome as a food name for a commercial (“Rocket pizza! The taste explosion” and stuff like that :stuck_out_tongue: ), but I really do not want to eat that.

Anyway, for me its avocados. What a bizarre taste. My reaction to them is this :

1:22 - 1:23 is the timestamp fails.

7 Likes

Peanuts. That’s what they’re putting everywhere here.

5 Likes

Bananas. And rice pudding (Milchreis). Uargh. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Sauerkraut. Also, I don’t like things containing whipped cream (but love it when it not whipped)

5 Likes

Shrimp. I’m from east asia so its kind of hard to avoid it though

4 Likes

Disliking bananas? Have you considered therapy? Surely something can be done against so grave a problem! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m siding with kaos on this one. Bananas taste bad.

3 Likes

Everything that involves coriander. To me it just tastes as soap.

5 Likes

I also hate rosewater

4 Likes

I like the taste of bananas but I don’t care for their raw texture. I enjoy roast bananas with melted chocolate, banana loaves, banana ice cream…

Fruitwise, I’m not as big a melon fan as many people, although I wouldn’t say I dislike melon.

I share KAOS’ dislike of rice pudding in general, but I find it alright with demerara sugar rather than the more usual jam.

I don’t like cauliflower cheese, though I do like cauliflower. My most notable dislike, though, is definitely mashed potatoes – again, I don’t enjoy the texture. If there is a choice between mash and boiled potatoes (or, God willing, even roasties) I always take the latter. For this reason the “shepherd’s” or “cottage” pie isn’t one of my favourites, but it has the benefit of being receptive to Worcestershire sauce.

I object to squash, since it becomes so soft with stewing. I prefer my vegetables to have more bite. Celery, on the other hand, has a lot of bite, but I dislike the flavour.

Also, white wines that are too sweet and / or heavily “floral”. They can be almost undrinkable. Also, straight milk is not a flavour I enjoy, though I do put it in my coffee. Apple juice or squash rubs me the wrong way, although I like apples – the difference is that apple juice (apart from really good juice) has lost a lot of the sharp flavour of the original apples.

Tomato ketchup is the one condiment I dislike. I like tomatoes, though.

My only seafood dislike is canned tuna.

In confectionery, only Mars bars are too much for me. Still, although they’re on the wrong side of sweetness imo, I wouldn’t say I actually dislike them. If there are only Mars bars left in the chocolate selection then I’m going to eventually eat them :D

TLDR: Is it too sweet? Is it too soft? Is it both? If so, I may not like it.

2 Likes

I think ketchup is one of the most disgusting things ever created.

2 Likes

Hey now, don’t accidentally slander mushroom ketchup!

1 Like

Fair enough never had it so I can’t judge.

1 Like

Me neither, but the guy raves about it ^^

2 Likes

How about whipped sauerkraut?

I hate these frozen pizzas that you find in supermarket (not only, some restaurants use them too). An insult to the tasty food.

5 Likes

Now are we talking DiGiornos or Bagel Bites? If Bagel Bites, then I call blasphemy!

I never took time to read the names on the box. Here the only way to get a correct pizza is do it yourself.
Just consider that if you decide to buy it “fresh” from the backery of the supermarket, most of the time the cheese will be replaced by a chemical mayonnaise and your choice of garniture reduced to some fruits.

1 Like