Go World News

Oh, Foxy has a mode where the players randomly move twice in a row a certain limited number of times during the game.

2 Likes

Seems like I missed all the fun but couple of days ago Antti played.

Source: ๐ŸŒธAntti Tรถrmรคnen (ใ‚ขใƒณใƒ†ใ‚ฃใƒปใƒˆใƒซใƒžใƒใƒณ) vs Shibano Ryunosuke (่Š้‡Ž้พไน‹ไป‹) ๐ŸŒธ็ฌฌ61ๆœŸ ๅๆฎตๆˆฆไบˆ้ธ๐ŸŒธ2022-12-19 - YouTube

It appears Shibano tried joseki novelty that didnโ€™t work out very well.

cc @_KoBa

3 Likes

Huge reversal

Sumire made a 20+ point mistake. As you can see thereโ€™re two blackโ€™s groups trying not to be dead. Upper one can only have one eye by capturing two stones so gotta connect to the lefter stones. Middle one can connect to bottom by capturing two stones but black doesnโ€™t have time.

Apparently the correct course of action was to connect upper group and have ko for connection of the middle one.

Sumire connected directly and died.

3 Likes

The connection involves a ko, but note that Blackโ€™s life is not dependent on winning the ko:

3 Likes

Cool game. Black chased white but ended up being thin themselves.

Amazing game.

Cool joseki

Death and destruction

3 Likes

Itโ€™s a small step for man, but a big step for an elephant.

6 Likes

While Ueno Asami was playing Nakamura Sumire, Ueno Risa played Nyuu Eiko. Check it out, 6 groups, and surprisingly close game in the end.

Interestingly Iโ€™m pretty sure Foxyโ€™s FineArt was giving white advantage at some points in midgame and OGS AI only gives equal at best.

4 Likes

Holy smokes, Risa plays an even more agressive game than her older sister!! :eyes:

1 Like

Lucas Neyrinck destroys Frejlak. Death everywhere. (original demo board)

Jonas Welticke wins against Ali Jabarin. (original demo board)

2 Likes

Baffling because why did Ueno make such weak moves, or baffling because it wasnโ€™t obvious that she would get beaten so badly? Ueno is one of my favorite players and kind of a role model in a way. I love and relate to her aggressive and intuitive style, which is for me the most fun way to play. But it does come with the downside of sometimes walking yourself into a heavy loss when you fail to do an accurate and timely readingโ€ฆ

1 Like

Youโ€™d expect a more even game, Asami is strong.

Tanguy lost.

How many one space jumps do you want?

3 Likes

I have a huge dislike for these tobi-games, wether it is my own, or someone elseโ€™s, brrrrr ><

I think her style is โ€œyou canโ€™t have too few groupsโ€. Hereโ€™s a game from today.

I get that white has no territory and has weaknesses as well but these isolated groups on the sides donโ€™t feel great.

Meanwhile Nakamura Sumire won against Ueno Asami.

(https://twitter.com/asahi_igo/status/1618462866729996288)

5 Likes

Jonas destroying everyone as usual. (demo)

And I donโ€™t know who Kim Dohyup is but since their name is Kim, theyโ€™re super strong by default. (demo)

5 Likes

I think Kim Dohyup is a former yunguseng.

1 Like

Kim Dohyup won the TIGGRE Ellie Cup in 2022:

He is 7d EGF with a rating around #10 in Europe, similar to the 1p EGF pros.
It seems he is not quite as strong as the 8d EGF Korean amateurs (also former yunguseng) currently playing in Europe: Kim Young-Sam, Hwang In-Seong and Kim Seong-Jin.

5 Likes

SL says dwyrin is releasing a Go book early 2023.

4 Likes

Podpera won against Kim.

3 Likes

Weirdโ€ฆ your transcriptions I can add an AI review forโ€ฆ but this one I canโ€™tโ€ฆ :thinking: