Playing Go IRL pictures

Spotted on Facebook: Go club Grenoble made a nice “video souvenir” of the go & ski camp and Ellie Cup 2022:

8 Likes

Here are some pictures from the official opening of the San Francisco Go Club on March 19, 2022:

19 Likes

The Fresno Go Club gifted the SF Go Club some laser-cut felt bowl liners and lid coasters to help cut down on noise, as well as some regular drink coasters, two dozen sets and over a hundred coasters. We also gave the Berkeley Go Club about half as much, since Linden was in attendance. These are prototypes for a possible future business, so I will be curious to get feedback from everyone on how they are working out…

13 Likes

was it a special event or a regular meeting ?
In any case, that looks great ! :smiley:

2 Likes

It was the official opening of the club at that location and the Spring Tournament as well! The AGA did an article about it yesterday, I think.

3 Likes

IRL 3 vs 3 lame game :grin:

20 Likes

At least 4 ogs players in this picture! :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Pictures from Sunday at the San Diego Go Club Tournament which had about 50 players, ten of whom competed in the open section!

10 Likes

I got one!
(almost 7 years later)
I got the magnet version.

20 Likes

Today, after a 2 year hiatus, the annual school festivity day was held again.
The children could play all kinds of games and one of those games was ofcourse go.
Luckily I had 2 great assistents.

22 Likes

dan level protection against camera

9 Likes

There’s a tweet where Kono Rin 9dan (past Japanese title holder) shares his personal album of 1912 original tsumego. These are beyond my level but I’m always happy to see stones on wood.

(by the way, the algorithm that OGS uses to automatically populate information from hyperlinks is amazing)

6 Likes

AWESOME! :smiley:

1 Like

Visited Seattle for a week and played at the Seattle Go Center twice, once for their monthly ratings tournament…

14 Likes

For the uninitiated who don’t know how to navigate twitter, is there a more user-friendly option to find those tsumego?

Me and the wife on vacation away from the kids. She’s reading about reality show women and I’m reading tsumego in Monthly Go World (月刊 碁 ワールド). Thanks to the grandparents!

Ichiriki Ryo on the cover. Congratulations to him on winning the Kisei title.

8 Likes

Children playing go during lunch break is taking off again here:

Not quite enough interest yet to restart the after-school go club (I set the threshold at 10 registrations), but I hope to get there soon.

23 Likes

Always a pleasure to see your inseis pics :blush:

2 Likes

I have to get used to this way of playing a tournament. Well at least they have enough space for their cup of tea.

11 Likes

How is Cho Chikun going to drink his opponents’ tea now??

5 Likes