These are trying times, but thankfully we live in an age where we can have digital company while staying inside.
I’m going to share stuff that I find online (free or at a reasonable cost) that may be useful to anyone and I invite everyone to share theirs. All countries/ languages etc welcome (but please stay civil and follow OGS and common sense guidelines).
I will make this post a wiki. Please only add links here and share any additional info in comments below.
Please try to make the text as descriptive as possible, so people know what it is and don’t have to click on it.
- Weekly readings of the Complete Plays of Shakespeare by a global cast, in the order they were believed to have been written. (FREE)
- Google Arts & Culture, do a virtual tour through musea from all over the world (FREE)
- Free eBooks from SMBC webcomics
- PhD comics movies available for free
- AlphaGo full documentary (FREE)
- Large collection of public domain literature
- Mr. Bean episodes on YouTube
- Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell videos
- Chinese Youtuber Liziqi makes videos on traditional food and handcraft.
Learning a new Skill
- Video series to learn drawing people by Stan Prokopenko (playlists on Youtube): basics, figure drawing, heads, facial features, and the holy grail: anatomy.
- If you like puzzles, test your programming creativity or want to practice a new programming language, try Project Euler (a series of challenging mathematical/computer programming problems).
- Elevator Saga (elevator programming game)
- Learn French, German, English, Spanish with the Gymglish apps (special COVID promo, 1 month instead of 1 week free trial). Please see comment below for more info.