Werewolf Game 4: Madness of the Martian Mimics

Should I change vote to HHg?

2 Likes

Got it.

Do you think that HHG or yebellz is more suspicious?

2 Likes

Hmm I think HHg is more suspicious and haze is the detective not to sure though what do you think @Haze_with_a_Z

2 Likes

If you think they are more suspicious, you should vote them then. I don’t know if it will matter though because I don’t think we are going to kill anyone today anyways. At least that is the group consensus, and we aren’t negatively impacted by this decision.

3 Likes

Also I don’t think that we should reveal detective today, 2. If we reveal tomorrow, assuming the detective lasts through the night, we get an extra person that we will know(also assuming neither bodyguard dies tonight). If the detective is cursed when we choose to reveal, I think they should post a post with just one emoji symbolizing that they are the detective. NO ONE ELSE SHOULD HAVE A POST LIKE THIS. We should probably determine this emoji today, even if we reveal tomorrow or the next day.

3 Likes

Also if I was being unclear when I said 2, I was talking about 李建澔2.

2 Likes

I was just trying to nicely point out that they might be overreacting and we need a level head now more than we need wild accusations.
I do find it interesting (maybe even a tad suspicious) that @Haze_with_a_Z wants so badly to drive the discussion, it might be a tactic to throw us off-center. But I’m not ready to kill anyone that might be an innocent, not yet.

I’m my usual cold-hearted self, I’m accused. I try to be nice, I’m accused.
I understand your suspicions, but I’d rather not die until we reveal at least one of our enemies.

8 Likes

Why does everyone find this so suspicious? It isn’t like I have much else to do all the time.

2 Likes

In one of the family legends that great granny left us with, the village ended up killing an innocent sheriff once, because he couldn’t stop going up in everyone’s business (although granny had advised restraint). Although I find it a terrible irony, I can’t say I’m immune to the sentiment.

BTW, for the last hours of our day I’m doing some field work around the base, I might not be accessible by radio until tomorrow (solar flares :woman_shrugging:).

8 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I find you the least suspicious of the three. :slight_smile:

My suspicion of you primarily stems from that one statement which could innocently be one crew member looking out for her friend. It also could be a mimic attempting to discretely tell her fellow martian scumbag to cool it before he blows his cover.

This is very concerning. During our Alternative Life-form Detection training sessions, Haze was never this pushy. Think back to his behavior during training session 2, if I remember correctly the simulation involved vampires.

I’ll admit that his current level of pushiness could be due to sheer disgust over our current situation. No one wants to be around martians. At least vampires were once human.

Edit:

Can someone please call for the medic. I’m afraid I might be coming down with MED :frowning:

Please, be quick!

7 Likes

Do keep your wits about you out there. Perhaps we should go on a buddy system for now.

If you see anything suspicious, hide. Also, don’t forget to thoroughly sanitize your suit upon reentry to the base. You too are beginning to show symptoms of MED.

What are we going to do? This disease spreads so quickly. I fear we could see our first full blown case as early as tomorrow. I hope not. Could be the beginning of the end for our crew.

Ruby begins to hyperventilate and retreats to his sleeping pod to attempt to calm down and save some amount of face before the rest of the crew.

I must remain strong.

8 Likes

To me, voting for someone on the first day only of gut read is like playing a ring toss.
Totally wrong to me. I have some hand sanitizer.
Anyone needs hand sanitizer?

7 Likes

Well, I don’t know what else you’d be thinking with.

Why is the important part of the question. Perhaps it’s because yebbelz is my evil twin. Luckily, I am yebellz.

6 Likes

Or are you yebbelz trying to fake being yebellz? Does yebellz even exist at all, or is he just a cover you made up to hide your evil personality?

5 Likes

Oh, that gives me an idea, to pass the time here on Mars and take our minds off of this terrible situation that we face, let’s all play the werewolf party game, and we can use the concept of some players being replaced by their evil twins as the theme.

5 Likes

I have acted differently, and it was noticed. I just can’t believe that this isn’t a drill. If I am killed, I die. I figured I would try and make it so everyone knew about me before I died. If I am going to die, I want to at least be remembered. My hometown of Terrihill was impacted by some robots recently, and I don’t want this to become like that. Even if I did cause that robot problem(sorry Vep and brothers), I regret that decision, and I don’t want to regret this. I thought the best way to do that was to try and be super open, but I was wrong. Starting tomorrow, I will stick to my room most of the day for safety reasons. I don’t want to catch MED or transmit it.

2 Likes

Never heard of it. It is a game though and I like games. Let me try. It should keep my mind off of this event so I don’t spend all night worrying about it, and how similar it is to home.

Edit: So how do we play?

2 Likes

I wish I had something useful to offer regarding todays vote. Anyone remember an old arcade game called WhackaMole? I think it originated around the turn of the century. I’ve seen archival film footage of people playing. You hold a club in each hand and get points by clubbing these moles when they pop up out of their dens. You have to be quick. No sooner do you nail one of the little varmints than another will pop out of an adjacent hole. Maybe you get that one too before it disappears, but then a third one pops out of a third hole, or maybe the hole you just previously beat down. I’m sure the game must have been amusing, though it does suggest a civilization in serious decline.

Anyway, that’s how it feels trying to analyze these voting patterns. Like a game of WhackaMole.

My shift is almost over. I said earlier that things are likely to get very bloody here, but now it occurs to me that this may not be literally true. We may not even be left with a body.

Time for me to turn in. If I don’t see you folks again, have a good life, whatever’s left of it. Wash your hands often. It’s probably no good against MED, but it can’t hurt either.

6 Likes

I received a message from HHG (definitely not about this game) , I think he’s back!

2 Likes

@ginger2008, yes, HHG has checked into the game above, and even before the last time you posted here. Are you not looking at this thread?

Current status of the vote

Notes

@Cool_Person has changed their vote from @yebellz to @Haze_with_a_Z and then to nobody. See discussion above.

@RubyMineshaft has advocated for killing @Haze_with_a_Z but switched their vote to @HHG, has also proposed a hypothesis to link @Haze_with_a_Z, @HHG, and @Gia.

@李建澔2 changed their vote from @yebellz to @Cool_Person, while giving no real justification for either vote.

Thoughts for tomorrow

I think it is inevitable that we will not kill on the first day, which I believe is for the best, since I don’t think we’ve gotten a firm idea of who is mimic, and any vote to kill would most likely be swayed toward targeting an innocent. Regardless, I think the discussion of day 1 has been productive, as we’ve learned something about the dispositions and biases of several players. Some hypotheses have been put forward and maybe some factions are forming. We should examine these carefully in order to corner and eliminate the mimics.

Starting tomorrow, which I (like any of the innocents) might not be around for (and hence I will share my thoughts now), I think we need to start killing (since delaying forever does not forestall the mimics from further thinning our numbers). Unless we get lucky with the detective finding a mimic, and they choose to reveal that information, we might not have any firm claims on which to decide tomorrow’s vote either. Even so, we should weigh many factors and thoughts in coming to a decision. Further, it should not be acceptable for anyone cast a vote without at least trying to provide justification for it. Playing silently does not help us astronauts and only benefits the mimics.

There are many valid strategic reasons to vote to kill a particular person, in the case that firm evidence/claims cannot be established against a more suitable target:

• People that make erratic and poorly justified decisions
  • People that choose to remain silent, or offer little of substance to the discussion
  • People that refuse to offer the reasoning behind their vote/suspicions/decision making
  • People that demonstrate logical inconsistencies, faulty decision making, or a general disinterest in following the developments

As we move forward, the basic principle behind each vote should be to kill those, who by being eliminated, best increase our ability to beat the mimics. Of course, firm suspicions (such as detective claims) are the best to base these decisions on, the criteria that I mention above are also good reasons, since such people are not helping us to triumph over the mimics.

8 Likes