You know you are a Go addict when …

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixed

3 Likes

… when you need the server to implement a daily limit because you can’t stop playing:

Cookie?

Or when Go contributes to your divorce! :flushed:

Option for daily limit on games - #8 by Prabhat_Prakash

6 Likes

It may be that someone wants to limit their playing time to spend time studying Go instead. Studying is a passive activity. Whatever the problem, ‘addict’ is a strong word. At least they’re trying to be constructive about it.

2 Likes

Aaaa that’s even more addict, don’t play more go to have time to study go… :rofl:

In that case i give you a suggestion. Instead of studying, review systematically your game (propose it to your opponent) in between playing.

3 Likes

Studying Go can be about looking at strategic, managerial or decision making aspects from a theoretical pov. Philosophical angles also. Yes, reviewing a game systematically can provide that as well. Would be nice if opponents can take out time. Worth trying :slight_smile:

1 Like

:“Addict” in the thread title is more or less hyperbole. This is largely a humorous thread. Someone did start a serious go addiction thread a few years ago, but it has, not surprisingly, dropped out of sight.

6 Likes

Because MGA(S) is a less cool acronym than YKYAAGA :smirk:

You know you’re a Go addict when…

…when you see Go positions on the bathroom tiles! I thought that was just me but then I accidentally found this cartoon that suggests it’s quite common for us Go addicts :rofl:

da5ftp1-af6038a7-c466-40a0-8db2-f9d8794a8d2a

10 Likes

1x1

7 Likes

Ykyaaga when you can find a duplicate in the meme thread

4 Likes

…when this is your cup holder:

(((no go cup though)))

13 Likes

The post which was replied to involved a negative sense of humour. It was intended to lampoon, especially seeing the writer’s comment on the original one. Not really concerned with the entire thread.

6 Likes

When you go to sleep and there’s a grid in your retina.

7 Likes

I got more worry as laugh, give a break for your eyes.

4 Likes

You know you are a go (forums) addict when…

4 Likes
ykyaaga when you are thinking about getting showing your hairdresser this picture for reference

Takemiya_Masaki

9 Likes

My addiction has gotten worse :cry:

13 Likes

…when your first thought is: “hmmm… not much room for goke”.

11 Likes