You know you are a Go addict when …

… every time you see a big flat square object you ask yourself “where’s the grid”?

7 Likes

Or “I wonder if I could sand and varnish that, and then out a grid on it…?” :grin:

4 Likes

The alarm clock just woke me up and my first thought was “byoyomi”.

22 Likes

You should record the byo-yomi countdown on OGS as your alarm clock :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

You know you’re a Go addict when that actually gets you out of bed!

:sleeping:

“Byo-yomi. 10… 9… 8…”

“OK, I’m up, I’m up!”

:flushed:

14 Likes

You know you’re a Go addict if you’re actually considering to sample byoyomi counting and put it in your phone as your morning alarm! :rofl:

You are sick if you’re thinking about sampling ING clocks. :crazy_face:

100 of them!

Clock choir - #6 by shinuito

9 Likes

Ykyaga when you manually redecorate your QR code like that

mmexport1632619521877

Note: not mine, not for the content.

12 Likes

…one of your requirements in a potential husband is their willingness to play Go at least once a week
…you find a way to work a Go tournament into the DnD campaign you’re running, even though it means teaching the party how to play
…instead of taking notes in your college classes, you play against yourself in hand-drawn 9x9 boards in your notebook, making the board in pen and the moves in pencil so you can erase for captures
…you continue to obsess for more than a decade, despite a lack of opponents other than people you teach (who tend to stop playing after a week or so, because they were only humoring you)
…you ignore the need to have a functional brain for finals in favor of filling the time between tests with games of Go, because you know that the people you’re playing with are all quitting the Go club after this semester because they say it’s ‘too hard’
…when you regularly debate the feasability of turning your art skills to make fancy painted goban, not debating whether they’re makable, but rather whether the Go community would be insulted by them given the deep tradition behind how they’re usually made (and at the same time mentally claiming the ones you’d have to make two copies of so you could keep one)
…on joining the OGS forum, this is the first thread you read completely through, and you still have new examples to contribute

18 Likes

I think I need to turn in my ykyaga badge…

I was reading a Call 44 for work and not once did I make a 4-4 inner joke.

5 Likes

Call yourself a Go addict!? Pah! Shame on you! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Managing Go Addiction - (serious)

ykyaaga when you’re only going away for a weekend trip but you think about packing two problem books

even though you haven’t touched either in months :shushing_face:

11 Likes

Ykyaaga when each time you reorganize your living place, it’s because you found some better place for your go set.

Ykyaaga when going to a spring full cleaning of your living place, you start with your go set.

9 Likes

You know your are a Go addict when the number of moves that you have to play doesn’t fit in the circle anymore.
immagine

16 Likes

Ykyaga when a tesuji is the highlight of your day.

6 Likes

Ykyaga when the president is making an important speech and you can’t look away from the go board. Nucléaire : Emmanuel Macron critiqué après l’annonce de la construction de nouveaux réacteurs

8 Likes

Is it still “Le Beaulieu”?

The legend of the photo says “Dans un bar de Bayonne”, and the FFG site says that the club meets in the “Café des Pyrénées, place Paul Bert”.

The Google Map photo seems to correspond.

1 Like

Thx. Nice pic anyway.

… when you are trying to paint OGS statistics nicely instead of playing Go

7 Likes