Category rengo

It would be better if the categories worked like tags (allowing multiple categories at once) instead of folders. However, a thread can only belong to one category, so one has to make a decision about what is more appropriate.

In terms of avoiding things getting buried, searching for “Rengo” easily brings up the threads related to Rengo. What I mean by organization, is to ask whether it would be more useful for certain threads to belong in their own “Rengo” category, or in their current existing category?

For example, these threads are under OGS Development:

Would it be better for them to go under their own “Rengo” category, rather than stay in OGS Development? If we move such threads, then it might be easier to find them by visiting the Rengo category, but then they would be missing from the OGS Development category. On the other hand, without moving them, they are still easy to find with a search.

These two are under Announcements:

Should these be under the “Rengo” category instead? I think it is more interesting to have such news under the category of Announcements, since then one could explore that history. I feel like these would become more buried if they existed in a “Rengo” category instead.

There are some threads from General Go Discussion that could perhaps be moved into their own Rengo category, but will the trend of new threads specific to Rengo continue at a pace that requires a separate category?

Further, if one were to create a new “Rengo” category, should it be a new standalone category? Or does it belong as a sub-category to “Go Variants” or “General Go Discussion” or something else?

3 Likes