Important Philosophical Questions + POLLS

So I was eating, and I thought I should start a thread of important philosophical questions.

Is cereal (with milk) soup?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Is an open-faced sandwich really a sandwich?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you take a pizza and put another pizza upside down on top of it, is it a sandwich or a pie?

• Sandwich
  • Pie

0 voters

If you punch yourself and it hurts, are you weak or strong?

• Weak
  • Strong
  • Both
  • Neither

0 voters

In the song Yankee Doodle, what is he calling macaroni?

• The feather
  • The hat
  • The pony

0 voters

If you expect the unexpected, what don’t you expect?

• The expected
  • The unexpected
  • What

0 voters

Is the answer to this question “no”?

• Yes
  • No
  • WHAT

0 voters

Feel free to add your own in the comments!

13 Likes

I am little offended by some of these questions. Of course open-faced sandwich is a sandwich, saying that it isnt is just blasphemy and crime against humanity.

10 Likes

I’m more worried by the binarity of these questions. Clearly a pizza put on top of another pizza is neither a sandwich nor a pie. It’s a calzone!

Also, I’ve never heard of Yankee Doodle.

16 Likes

At best, an open faced sandwich equals t·sandwich for some t < 1.

3 Likes

Yes, but a calzone is clearly a sandwich! Its bread on the outside, and filling on the inside, which by definition is a sandwich.

We have an adjective in front of sandwich, thus an open-faced sandwich is a special kind of sandwich. Not partially, but completely. That settles the matter.

4 Likes

LIES! An open faced sandwich is is nothing of the sort. It’s a degenerate taco at best.

7 Likes

If you don’t mind sitting in the middle of an open ceiling house during a rainy day, I will accept this argument.

8 Likes

Your open ceiling house can be you house in a place where it rarely rains. Just make sure to sleep in the car when it rains.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I am traditional on this issue. I follow the school of thought of El Chavo del 8:

"A sandwich is bread above, bread below, and sandwich in the middle".

3 Likes
5 Likes

Allow my to shed some harmony on the food identification questions with this unifying directive:

https://cuberule.com/

6 Likes

No it isn’t, it’s: "No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s: “No it isn’t, it’s:          

11 Likes

I think the sandwich question is interesting. Let’s further consider…

Which of these are “sandwiches”?

• Hamburger
  • Hot Dog
  • Meatball Sub
  • Hoagie
  • Sloppy Joe
  • Taco
  • Burrito
  • Wrap
  • Pita Pocket
  • Club
  • Cheesesteak
  • Calzone
  • Layer Cake
  • Oreo Cookie
  • Bagel Bites
  • Pizza Rolls
  • Buttered Toast
  • Scone with Clotted Cream and Jam
  • Caviar on a Cracker
  • Bacon between two pieces of fried chicken

0 voters

3 Likes

What is a “Hoagie”? I have never heard of them before.

2 Likes

Some would say that a “hoagie” is synonymous with a “hero”, “grinder”, or “submarine”, while others might contend that there are more nuanced distinctions between these terms.

Wait wait wait wait… Am i the only one who counts buttered toast as a sandwich? Seriously?

How about buttered toast with a slice of cheese?

6 Likes

In my opinion, that is just toast. Toasted bread with or without butter is toast and not a sandwich.

3 Likes

I don’t even toast my bread in the morning very often, let alone the butter, as barbaric as that sounds. SO I guess mine is just… bread. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

and this is why you can’t have a sandwich without the contents being sandwiched in between two layers.

7 Likes