Rengo status

I think I just noticed something - does autoscore not run until one of the players involved in scoring shows up? Here’s what I see after playing the second pass:

Screenshot_20220721-225542
game link

3 Likes

I will later tonight and let you know.

1 Like
  • create a corre one, then remove it, then try again
  • is the preferred setting corre? remove it and try again
  • does it happen also on a different browser (ideally desktop, for “most difference”)?
  • is there anything red in the console (let us know the browser, we can try to see if we can get it open)
  1. Didn’t work.
  2. Nope, setting is Normal.
  3. It keeps happening on my laptop (I was on my phone yesterday).
  4. Returned unopened (I have no idea what you mean by “red in the console” :woman_shrugging: )

Bonus content

I by mistake created this, so I let it be

but it created this

Something off with time settings.

It seems to work with 55 minutes (btw, come sign up people :slight_smile: )

My guess is for some reason the threshold of an hour ceates some existential crisis. :woman_shrugging:

ETA it disappeared again, but maybe it was because of the “make live game challenges disappear bug”, which may or may not be a relative of this problem.

1 Like

@GreenAsJade not sure if you’re able to use mod tools to see more information about games, but Ikarie XB1 vs. vahan91 might be worth looking into. Apparently score was accepted a few times by one of the “score accepters” but it kept resetting (I never saw a check mark). No idea if the other “accepter” is facing the same issue or just AWOL.

1 Like

If it helps, I think I’ve seen it several times and IIRC I also reported it.
There doesn’t appear to be a check mark (not even for people who click it if they refresh) but it’s actually there. I guess it was the same for Blargastan. Or did they say it always stayed red?

(it’s here)

1 Like

Hello! There is a small bug noted in this rengo: regulars strict rengo

When it is not my move I can see the conditional moves button greyed out:

However I can still click it and set conditional moves (I have no idea if those will be executed. When I asked the other players I was told it was a bug and took the moves out).

Note: Now that it is my turn to play, I do not see the “conditional moves” at all. However, once I played my move, we reverted to the previous condition and the greyed out “conditional moves” appeared again.

1 Like

Mmm - I think that was reported previously, it rings a bell.

Fix submitted.

2 Likes

I just subscribed to my first rengo game :grin:

The game isn’t started yet.
In my home page I see the open challenge.
When I tap “view” (I’m on mobile) the chat box is wider than the screen.

Also, there’s no way to undo that “view” action: once opened, it stays there.

1 Like

I’m in vacation mode, shouldn’t this strict rengo be paused?

2 Likes

Yes, vacation should work in strict rengo. Only in casual rengo is it inoperative.

My teammate in this game, hi!, was just timed out by the scoring clock, not the game clock. He had accepted the score, but after the opposing team corrected the board they departed, as did my teammate. Since the board was corrected the score and clock reset and timed him out after 24 hours since the new score needed to be accepted.

I mention this only as a warning since most players (including me) probably expect the scoring clock to end the game with the present state of the score when time runs out, as it does in 1 v 1. However, because of the unique nature of rengo, it treats non-acceptance as a timeout and the control of the score passes to the next teammate in line (me in this case). Sadly my teammate has lost due credit for our victory.

2 Likes

I’m this teammate and as a note, I did in fact accept the new corrected board position but it didn’t get registered. It would show a checkmark next to my name until I refreshed the page, then it would be gone again. (Which apparently threw me out of the game as well after 48 hours. The scoring clock stayed at 0 seconds for a whole day before timing me out.)

5 Likes

Sofiam pointed out to me that this problem has been noted before: Rengo status - #1118 by benjito

Probably good that we have posted about it again, so more people will see how it works

2 Likes

Perhaps related:

The last rengo game I was involved in that went to scoring, I did not get a notification that the game ended ( and was not the active player at time of scoring).

Though I did get a notification that someone posted chat in a finished game of mine.

Edit: it was this game and ended by resignation not scoring, but I saw only one notification where I would normally expect two.

1 Like

I’ve been away from Rengo for a while … I can see that we’re building up a list of niggling issues.

Is anyone enthusiastic to re-collate and prioritise? I think I can find some space to deal with a few soon, but having it obvious what the most important things are (and how to reproduce them) would make that a lot easier to “get on with”.

TIA.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I can make a comprehensive list, but maybe we can crowdsource :slight_smile: Below I’ve started a table with the two notable bugs I’m aware of. I’ll make this a wiki, so folks feel free to add issues you are aware of, and please include links to existing reports so that it’s easier to gauge the severity/priority.

Issue Forum Reports Github Issue
Score acceptance does not show up benjito, jlt, Matanatosh N/A
Auto-advance doesn’t happen Sofiam #1595
Timed out from casual rengo after resigning ArsenLapin1 N/A
Casual rengo in active games Sofiam, A64M, Issa_T, mrkiselev, hackeysack01, GOtisch, handjive #1985
5 Likes

Score acceptance does show up, but it is undone when you leave the tab.

About having live rengo challenges listed between normal open live and correpondence challenges on /play page… Could we at least test it and see how it turns out?

I can understand why ad-hoc rengo will always be hard to pull off, but i feel like listing live rengo challenges above normal corrs might help a little bit.

5 Likes

there are very few live rengo anyway, so it will not take a lot of space
2x25 board size games are ok here, but 19x19 rengo not ? : )

1 Like